Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Teaser

OP updated with the second version of the trailer. Great quality too.

From the trailer, you can make out Arcee (in split form too), one part of the devastator and Scorpinok vs the fallen.

And Holy cow! :oops:

That does look amazing! I just cant wait for that movie to get released! Michael Bay has out done himself! Thanks for the links fellas! :)

Transformers 1 was as bad as Con-Air. I can't believe I sat through it. Mainly it was to settle a disagreement with my father to see if it's worse than Con-Air. (On the one hand, it had giant robots, which are okay, but it also had that bizarro masturbation discussion, which was terrible. But Con-Air had "put the bunny back in the box" which almost made up for a lot of it.)

Somebody just isn't having enough fun in their old age :devilish:

I LOVE Transformers 1. I saw it 7 times at the cinema, and twice on IMAX. I watch TF1 probably once a week, usually while I'm cooking a large dinner. I know all the lines, and I still love it.

Yes it had its flaws: the house/garden scene, bumblebee wee'ing on the guy, no where near enough Megan Fox.

But, when you think that to sell the new toys, they have to get the "younger" (much) audience in, I can forgive these juvenile parts.

Because what we did get....

The open sequence is outstanding. I feel sorry for you if you didnt see it on a IMAX screen with a 3000W THX sound system. That whole Blackout fight is just awesome, visually and sonically.

The scorpion fight is also brilliant. The 105 shells being shot to earth, making the BOOM BOOM BOOM sound, is wicked.

The part where Bumblebee "upgrades" himself, still after about 50 watches, makes me smile BIG TIME. The style of the scene, the music, the look on Sams face, all utterly classic.

The end fight scene that goes on for 20-25 mins contains some of the best shot action sequences I've ever seen. 20+ mins of rockets, laser bolts, grenades, robots through buildings. Epic!

The music: both the original soundtrack by Steve Jablonsky and the "bought in" soundtrack that's mainly todays best punk-metal-rock stuff is outstanding. I listen to the "bought in" stuff in my car, and Steve Jablonsky's "Autobots" (played throughout the film, and when the Autos are crashing to earth) is one of my all time favourites. I listen to it when I work, as it helps me zone out with its "smoothness".

Its a very funny film, outside of the "forced" lines. No, I'm not a fan of Bumblebee lubricating the guy, and I *HATE* the part in the police station, but Shia's delivering off lines such as "It felt awesome" (after he falls off the bike) are quality.

And, to all the guys, and some of you girls, if you weren't insanely jealous of Sam when Mikaela stands up from behind his chair, then theres summat wrong wit choo.

To everyone who unfortunately can't keep up with the fight scenes, I am genuinely sorry for you. I had no problem keeping up (I'm 26 and have a fairly strong glasses prescription) whether I was watching it at a normal cinema or on IMAX.

I'm a film buff, I have and have watched hundreds and thousands of films. While I admit that Transformers doesn't deliver the best story line and isn't anywhere near the most consistent film with regards to quality, the parts that are bad, are short and forgivable, and the parts that are good are epic. As action films go, there aren't many better for pure action. Oh, and Megan Fox.

I will be buying my TF2 IMAX tickets they day they come out, and I'll probably be buying them in duplicate if the first film is anything to go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha nice post Dooby I must agree with you on all counts!

The epic Blackout ass kickery at the beginning IS indeed awesome. I saw the movie at the IMAX as well :)

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Dooby? :)

I'm with the "crap movie, awesome robot sequences" crowd.

Dooby, my problem with the movie is very simple... besides being complete crap.

It's not a movie ABOUT the Transformers. It was another thinly veiled awkward "love story" about some geeky kid who normally has no chance in hell with some hot chick with some moving pieces of barely recognizable scrap heap thrown into explosions. It's not like the Transformers can't carry the plot themselves. A well written movie about the Transformers can easily carry itself for 2 hours.

DeadlyNinja, if you've read and watched nearly all the Transformers (G1) stuff, you'd know that a lot of the time the stories weren't just about the Transformers anyway. A lot of the time, the stories were about how the transformers war affected humans (those who were helping them, and those who were against them), affected the Nebulons (who became Headmasters) affected blah, affected blah...

This film IS about the Transformers, and how they impact the lives of people on earth. Even the 1986 cartoon had a large portion of it given over to Daniel trying to find his father. If you had wrong ill-conceived ideas about what the universe of Transformers entailed, I'm sorry.

You've also got to remember that making CGI of this quality is expensive, and as they weren't fully sure of its reception, you have to be aware and be ready to forgive studio exec's for not being willing to spend $200 million on "not a sure thing". They have said that TF2 has a bigger budget, more Transformers, so maybe that'll calm you down. And no, it shouldn't have all been CGI, because whole world CGI still looks like ass.

I personally don't mind the "love story" because not only was it not squishy, it showed two strong characters, one who went out and got what he wanted and one who overcame stereotypes and past adversity to save the world. As I said, a lot of this film depended on getting the younger audience in, and if they take Sam and Mikaela to be roll models rather than the douche bags in the latest Will Ferrell movie, then all the better I say.

Also, Shia *is* a good actor, and gave the film a funny heart, and Megan is continually just *phwoar*.

"..some moving pieces of barely recognizable scrap heap"

I did say that I was sorry for you if you couldn't follow it. I've never ever had problems discerning what was going on onscreen, and I've seen it at 7 varying qualities of cinema, twice at IMAX, on my 30" PC monitor (1080p version), on my 42" Plasma screen (DVD and 1080p) and on a tiny little 15" LCD (kitchen DVD player).

about some geeky kid who normally has no chance in hell with some hot chick

Let's just differentiate the term geek as looking geeky and geek as smart, know-it-all person, but not unattractive. Which of this two you think Sam is ? ;)
And why do you think second person could not hook up with someone like Michaela ?

I always hate it when good material gets screwed up by a cheesy love story, cute kids or animals etc. in order to also serve the housewives-audience. It's not like they'd ever watch it anyway, it just annoys the people interested in the actual story (the Transformers themselves in this case).

Good example being the Matrix 2/3 or Star Wars: EP1, you could easily leave out at least half an hour of that crap and have a good on-topic movie as a result. And I still have nightmares with the dance scene in Matrix 2. Worst idea EVER.

Meh. Sounds like Friday night down my local pub.

I would like to know the address of this place.

Looks good to me, but I'm something of a fanboy for Transformers. The only shows I just can't like are Armada, Energon and Cybertron. I doubt I could tell if the movie is good or not! :LOL:

Back