Microsoft Songsmith - The funniest software evar?

N00b

Regular
For those of you who haven't heard, Microsoft released a new product: Microsoft Songsmith.

The basic idea behind songsmith is that you feed it some vocals and Songsmith creates backing music for your song. Now, some people have actually feed it some classic rock and pop song vocals and the results are mostly... hilarious.

Here are some links to videos that people released on YouTube:

First are those which I find most hilarious:

Roxanne by The Police & Songsmith

We Will Rock You by Queen & Songsmith

Thunderstruck by AC/DC & Songsmith

Runnin' With the Devil by Van Halen & Songsmith

White Wedding by Billy Idol & Songsmith

Hotel California by The Eagles & Songsmith

These are not so bad or at least interesting:

Beat It by Micheal Jackson & Songsmith

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley & Songsmith

The Long Running Train by The Doobie Brother & Songsmith

Just What I Needed By The Cars & Songsmith

Take On Me by A-ha & Songsmith

Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gay & Songsmith

Wonderwall by Oasis & Songsmith <= My favourite. A weird techno version, but somehow strangely good.

Eye Of the Tiger by Survivor & Songsmith

Enjoy.

Wow, what a butchering of music! It really physically hurts in places.

Thanks MS, as if all the Brittneys, boybands and bad rappers weren't already sick enough :rolleyes:

NOOOOO my ears... my ears!!!

IMHO, there's only been one good cover of Roxanne done in a different style and that was still in tune.
Considering that songsmith must operate on the vocals alone without any context, I think it's next to impossible that it comes up with anything decent for that song. But still the result is so hilarious and disturbing, I'm still laughing. :LOL:

Yeah that was actually what I was wondering about. How would something like "battery" sound hmm... well it is pretty freakish.
As some commenter on YouTube noticed, it's basically the Mario Kart Wii version.

I saw the commercial for this and I wanted to die. This is Microsoft Bob for Music.

The shock the monkey was actually pretty good. Roxanne was well done, though cheezy. Many were just horrible to listen to, and not just because of the tasteless butchering of a interesting tech toy, but because they were poorly done (on top of being tastelessly butchered)

i think microsoft is trying to be too outside the box innovatey like google now. and doing something like this is trying to show apple, which owns logic, that they can play too. i love microsoft, but they need not dabble in this industry.

Back