Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

Looks like a great deal on PS3 from Dell if you're still looking to get one.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...Xf44f6243b6115b5b85153c8effbcc418&AID=7105480

Edit: If you add it to your cart, you'll see an additional $100 Dell gift card as well.

Just to clarify, that deal is for the PS4. You get a PS4 (Black 500 GB, of course), inFamous SS, 3 months of PS+ and the $100 Dell gift card for $450. Dell's selection of accessories and games is a bit limited but I suspect it wouldn't be terribly difficult for someone to find something to spend that $100 on that they had planned to buy anyway. This should probably go into the Deals thread. Nice find.

XBO is selling on Ebay for $360 without Kinect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-Console-/121388905025

I was going to buy one to hold me over until the white version is released but my JR Forza 700 pre-order finally arrived in stock. :cool:

JRH88343_LRG.jpg

Anybody care to walk me through the economics of this one? It was my understanding that for the most part retailers don't make any money, or at least not substantial margins off console hardware sales, and that they really only allocate the space for the hardware because they need it to sell the software and accessories that have larger margins.

How is Electronic City selling brand new Xb0x's for $359? I thought maybe they had some absurd shipping and handling charge that would be the profit center for them, but shipping is free. Apparently they've already sold 74 of these. It's not like a B&M store where they'll get you in the door and then sell you other stuff. There's no reason to buy extra stuff from this retailer, so there's no reason for them to use the console as a loss leader.

So they must be profiting at the $359 price point, and that profit has to be large enough for them to not only eat the cost that they purchased the console for but to also absorb the shipping which is probably another $10-$15 dollars.

Are retailers buying these consoles from MS at $299? How can they eat $40 off MSRP plus another $10 or so for shipping?

If MS (or a local distributor) are trying to use background channels to boost sales or drawn down inventory without a 'proper' price cut, perhaps they're feeding them a few hundred / thousand at reduced rates?

Or maybe they're trying to get a feel for sales at a different price?

I was going to buy one to hold me over until the white version is released but my JR Forza 700 pre-order finally arrived in stock. :cool:

JRH88343_LRG.jpg

The paint colors are completely off. MS really needs to work on their paint shaders for their supposedly "premiere" racing series. :yep2:

On a serious note, I did a quick Google on the price of one of those bad boys. Ouch! That thing should not be the deals thread. :p Looks like a hell of a lot of fun, though.

The paint colors are completely off. MS really needs to work on their paint shaders for their supposedly "premiere" racing series. :yep2:

On a serious note, I did a quick Google on the price of one of those bad boys. Ouch! That thing should not be the deals thread. :p Looks like a hell of a lot of fun, though.

Well compared to other helis in the same class it's a bargain...:smile:

Anyway the price is only for the airframe...:p After you add the avionics the total cost actually doubles...:cry:

Those wanting to upgrade…

PS4 Trade-In Deal Offers Big Cash for Xbox 360, PS3

Here’s the scoop on what you can get. If you trade in a PS3 with a 120GB or greater hard drive or an Xbox 360 with a 250GB or greater hard drive GameStop promises $150 in trade in credit, that’s at least $40 higher than Best Buy offers.

The real added value in bonus trade-in value is if you are trading a PS3 80GB or lower or a Xbox 360 Original or 4GB. GameStop promises at least $75 for these consoles with a PS4 upgrade. You’re lucky to get $20 to $30 on a trade in without this type of bonus.

PS4-trade-in-upgrade-deal-620x157.jpg

Amazon (USA) has pretty good deals on both X1 and PS4

X1 Unity bundle+free extra controller=349
PS4 with Infamous SS+TLOUR+KZ:SF=399

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but Microsoft Store is having a special TODAY ONLY. You can get a $50 Xbox Gift Card with purchase of the Assassin's Creed 500GB bundle(Kinect & no Kinect). Madden NFL 2015 1TB bundle, Master Chief Collection bundle(500GB & 1TB). They also have instant savings on about 24 Xbox One & 360 games.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...?Icid=Campaign_ODOS_Aug_FY16_Xbox_ModF_150819

Tommy McClain

Back