Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

most major vendors have the 4gb xbox for $130 again.

What major vendors? I have been poking around as my unit is scaring me (fan almost always running on high/louder than ever, disk drive refuses to open unless there is a disk in the drive, freezes in certain games all the time e.g. in Trials HD in the editor or Kodu in the editor).

Thanks.

Well it was walmart, best buy etc however that was 2 weeks ago, it seems they do it for a weekend every month or so.

Sigh, my PS3 got YLOD again - instead of doing another reflow perhaps I'll just get a new one.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a PS3 that'll work with Australian power? (is it cheaper to get a US PS3 and a separate power adapter). Or will I need an Australian PS3 to play region 4 dvds?

Sigh, my PS3 got YLOD again - instead of doing another reflow perhaps I'll just get a new one.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy a PS3 that'll work with Australian power? (is it cheaper to get a US PS3 and a separate power adapter). Or will I need an Australian PS3 to play region 4 dvds?

The PSU in the your PS3 will still be serviceable. You could just use that to replace the one in your new PS3. AFAIK there are no physical differences between models but it might be worth checking.

The PSU in the your PS3 will still be serviceable. You could just use that to replace the one in your new PS3.
And void the warranty on day one. AFAIK Aus PS3's are PAL/EU PS3's, running the UK electrical standards. Google confirms Australian power is the same as UK power. Just plug an EU PS3 in.

Original credit belongs to this post. A couple of deals for the Wii U via eBay:

Wii U - Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack Limited Edition Bundle
  • This is the white 8 GB model ("Basic Set").
  • Bundled with Skylanders SWAP Force.
  • Listed as new, unopened.
Wii U - 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario U & Super Luigi U
  • This is the black 32 GB model ("Deluxe Console").
  • Bundled with Super Mario U and Super Luigi U.
  • Listed as new, unopened.

The second link appears to be a more credible (or at least established) seller. Either way, however, you will need to consider potential issues making warranty claims with Nintendo (or you'll have to verify that the second seller is actually and authorized dealer as they claim).

The 32GB for $200 would be an instant buy for me. For $250 I'm going to have to give it a bit more thought. I'm very tempted though. Please note, Super Mario U is not the same as the recently released, and fairly well praised, Super Mario 3D World. That's probably obvious to most of you, but and important distinction if you've only been loosely following Wii U as I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really a deal
But it looks like the new kinectless SKU is cheaper than the ps4 here in nz, by $NZ50

also I see NZ's largest retailer (its walmart say) has got the ps4 at $50nz pricecut

I just bought a One.
After the awful pre-launch period where MS didn't get their shit together I canceled my pre-order. After MS' 180, the announcement of a kinectless One and the very good E3 conference with a great focus on games,..I got excited again.

Now, Gamestop offers a special deal: bring back your ol 360 and get good cash when you buy a One.

So, I payed 250 Euros now and my old 360+about 10 games and have a brandnew X1 with Ryse.

I am now dual wielding again :)

^^ I would love to do this as I haven't pulled the trigger on next gen yet partly due to cost. But the sad fact is I REALLY want my 360 so I can flip back and forth HDMI input and see just how big the generation difference is or isn't on various cross gen games.

Plus really I should keep my 360's for my library older Halo and Gears games, notwithstanding MC Collection, which wont include Reach, ODST, Wars, and wont be an exact experience. I make sure to own every Halo game on disc. Yeah, it's not much as collections go, but I still like it :p

That said Halo 2 played via BC on 360 was a pretty terrible experience loaded with visual bugs and glitches. Was shocked how buggy it was, especially being one of the most high profile titles on the system, I assumed they'd have it of all games pretty sorted. For Halo 2 at least, MCC will be the way to go.

Back