Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

Hmmm am tempted, Move support has me interested. Seems a little late to get into it now though, may just wait till SOCOM beta next week and pay for PSN+ instead!

Well I dont know how much of a deal it really is, but Amazon has the 4 GB 360 for 199+50 credit.

They also have the official 250gb HDD at 88, so turn around and use the credit on it and you'll get a 250gb system for essentially 238, no tax (but, shipping). This deal has been on and off for days. The HDD price might be semi-permanentish, so it just depends on when the $50 credit phases in and out, which seems semi regular.

Gotta love Amazon, who seem to take it upon themselves to match any special by any other retailer :p

Oh and forgot, they're currently throwing in a 1600 MS points ($20) card on the 4GB too, along with the $50 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny as somebody posted on cheapassgamer, it seems 360 has had a $50 GC attached for the whole last month. PS3 too really.

It's pretty cool, price drop or not some great deals all around. Hardware prices finally low.

A lot of 360 accessories seem to be on semi-permanent sale too, $39 or less for controllers and wireless mic, 250 HDD $89 on Amazon, etc. There was an actual 360 gear sale advertised on live the last two months, was supposed to end at the end of April, but from what I see low accessory prices continue.

http://view.engage.xbox.com/?j=fec8...5f157671660474741d&uid=101288815&tid=7287&r=0

$1 per month XBL...

I'm good to go until January 2014 (I got about 7 uses out of the link). IIRC, the max is 36 months membership. :p Don't forget to call in to turn off auto-renewal. I wish they hadn't removed that feature from the website.

Missed that deal, crazy good.

But why do you need to call to turn off auto renewal? It shouldn't renew until your paid months run out anyway.

Hmm well I always assumed, lets say I had 5 months left on my original sub, and I bought a 12 months prepaid card and applied it (because I found a good deal), giving me 17 months of service.

I always ASSUMED that it wouldn't auto renew for 17 months then. I THINK that it has worked that way in the past but I cant remember if such a situation ever came into play...

And, is it even possible to have auto renew off if you have a credit card stored in the system (for buying XBLA stuff)?

Edit: And I guess to make this OT, here's a deal for $100 GC with purchase of 4GB 360+Kinect, only at brick and mortar Toys R Us June 24-25 http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...amp=CME:20110623_Em_TRU_Roto%20Reminder%202DD

Second $100 credit deal with 4GB+Kinect in recent days (it was also Amazon's gold box deal for a day).

Yeah, it auto-renews only at the end of the subscription so I don't have anything to really worry about. :p I just prefer having complete control over what gets done. You can have auto-renew off even with a credit card or paypal options stored on the account. You can use that payment info for buying more subscriptions, GOD, or XBL points.

They actually used to have it so that you could turn off auto-renew on the website, but things changed when they updated the website. I don't know if they'll ever change that back, which is kind of unfortunate. I wonder how much time gets wasted calling up the center for folks who are control freaks like me. :p

Canadians:

Superstore is having a sale on 1400 point cards. $15 instead of $20.

Now... .wtf should I buy. :s

You could pickup all the Summer of Arcade games.

The codes are region locked according the unofficial live sub seller in my country (there no official seller here)

I want to get Crysis on 360 but only have a 20 GB HDD and don't want to buy a new one.

Was thinking of getting a 16GB USB for the 360, what's the best value option out there?
Ie one with good read speeds but not ridiculously expensive.

Back