Official console hardware deals thread - where to get stuff cheap

Gradthrawn

Veteran
Mod : This thread is now designated the official deals thread. If you've found an offer you think the rest of the console board would like to make use of, please post it here. Content is limited to deals on hardware (systems and peripherals) and discussion of who can use the deal such as whether a company ships internationally or not. Please stick to big deals and special offers with HUGE savings!!! Only while stocks last! Hurry now to avoid disappointment! eg. When Amazon have their polls for a super-cheap console. Lots of 'this place is generally a bit cheaper than the rest' is no use. We can use online pricecheckers or just shop around for best deals.

I thought I would share this Amazon Videogame Deal of the Day in case anyone is interested. They have the US 80GB PS3 for $349. That's $50 off, with free shipping and no tax. Its Region A BDs and Region 1 DVDs for anyone thinking of importing.

EDIT

If this thread is inappropriate, I do apologize. But I thought it was a good enough deal to post.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good deal!, but Amazon.com doesn't ship that product or any other console for that matter to outside of US.

Didn't know that. Their JP site will ship international, I was kind of assuming their US site would export items too. Oh well, I guess a local friend will be needed to import then. :p

Are you sure about that? I mean Amazon.com does ship lot's of products international too, but game consoles are not among those products.

Oh, I see. I didn't read your post closely enough. You're referring specifically to game consoles, I was thinking items in general. Didn't think they'd make a distinction. So, no, I'm not sure at all in regards to consoles. :LOL:

Some people have virtual post service. Amazon ship to their subscribed US address, and a middleman reroute it to their native countries.

I was thinking items in general. Didn't think they'd make a distinction. So, no, I'm not sure at all in regards to consoles. :LOL:

In general they don't ship gadgets, but do ship books, movies and music. They do ship some gadgets, like the Suunto wrist computer for example, but Amazon.com is kind of lame that they don't even ship games outside of US.

amazon.jp don't ship games outside Japan....I wanted the Yakuza 3 preorder edition but couldn't get it....

Not exactly hardware, but there is a Best Buy deal for 13 month Xbox Live Gold subscription cards this week (U.S. Only, but cards do work in Canada) @ $29.99 USD. It is also available online.

Not exactly hardware, but there is a Best Buy deal for 13 month Xbox Live Gold subscription cards this week (U.S. Only, but cards do work in Canada) @ $29.99 USD. It is also available online.

sweet!

thanks... perfect timing...sold out online but I have store 2 miles away. :smile:

www.Dealsea.com is great, I've been checking it for ages. I've always played $30 a year for XBLive thanks to deals there, likewise all my Microsoft points have been bought 1 to 1 again thanks to deals there. So deals like 1600 MS points for $16, etc. Currently listed there:

Sony Playstation 3 80GB $340, Feb 01

Dell Home is offering Sony Playstation 3 80GB for $400 - 15% off coupon code 8MN5GN7LGLL2WD = $340 with free shipping.

My older bro picked up a 360 with a 20% discount at a local Circuit City in Delaware. I'm not sure if they have that deal country wide but since they are liquidating I'd think it might be going nationwide. It might be good place to pick up a Wii, 360, or PS3 for a discounted price if they still have any in stock. My bro said htey had about 20 - 30 at his Circuit City.

Dell is giving just a straight-up 20% off on any and all console hardware right now (PS3, 360, PS2, PSP) with the following coupon code: 138BFW5PN676V2

Damn, Dell sold out of the 60 gig X360 FAST. Was there last night, told my friend about it today and all gone. Was thinking of picking up another for myself in hopes it was the new jasper.

Regards,
SB

Who wants consoles?

Dell's doing their thing again... the coupon code this time: PLDWH47D$6BT2J

Back