Movie Reviews 2.0

Man of Steel

Well it is spectacular... And my sister kinda agrees with LB on that issue. But Avengers was still better, and not just because the cameraman was more stable.

World War Z - 3/10. The Z is for zzzzzzzzzzz. Worst zombie movie of my lifetime, every frame of military-zombie fighting was shown in the previews, and moments of the dreadfully boring 'climax' were unintentionally funny (my theater audience was laughing as if they were watching a comedy).

World War Z - 3/10. The Z is for zzzzzzzzzzz. Worst zombie movie of my lifetime, every frame of military-zombie fighting was shown in the previews, and moments of the dreadfully boring 'climax' were unintentionally funny (my theater audience was laughing as if they were watching a comedy).

I HATE that when that happens.

Odd really because I quite enjoyed World War Z. I thought it was a different take on the whole Zombie apocalypse and had several moments of quite good tension in it. (Especially the opening of the cold storage door)

It isn't a wonderful film but I'd rate it a solid 6 peeking towards a 7 out of 10.

Man of Steel

Well it is spectacular... And my sister kinda agrees with LB on that issue. But Avengers was still better, and not just because the cameraman was more stable.

Well, Joss Whedon will always win against Snyder, and pretty much everyone else. He just has that something that makes his movies 'click'.

Yeah, although the box office ownage personified is still Jim Cameron, and Avatar 2 and 3 will probably only reinforce that.

Hmm, can't decide which one I'm looking forward to more - Avatar or Avengers sequels...

Well, Avengers (or Avengers Assemble as it was bizarrely called here in the UK) was good whereas Avatar looked pretty, but was dull.

Therefore, I'm certainly looking forward to the next Avengers film much more as I can't really see where they will go with the next Avatar film. If they couldn't come up with a decent storyline for the first Avatar, can't see why we should expect them to do any better second time around!

They're doing a Starship Troopers remake?!?

Surely not! I suppose they could make a more serious action film closer to Heinlein's book but really, what would be the point?

Well if they follow Heinlein, the only common things will be bugs in space and the names. I'd also love to see that kind of power armor stuff in a live action movie, I mean Iron Man could be considered something along that direction but it's still far too superhero-ish stuff.

I'd kill for a full fledged big budget Battlestar Galactica movie. Though I don't know how that would work out on the big screen.

Yeah, although the box office ownage personified is still Jim Cameron, and Avatar 2 and 3 will probably only reinforce that.

Hmm, can't decide which one I'm looking forward to more - Avatar or Avengers sequels...

Avatar rode strong on the novelty of 3D graphics. In my opinion, anything that involved the military bits in Avatar can go. We rewatched a few times, and the only bits we like is where the lead can basically walk again, and where he is basically in a bbc documentary.

I don't need a reskinned cowboys and indians movie. However, if they do have to go that route, go in the direction of a crazy anime, introduce a third, superior alien race, or an all-robot enemy. Or let him and the navii lead go to a new planet and join a new species together, then discover something there, for instance that there are a number of living, organic planets, as well as planets that become an organism through technology, like Earth with its human made internet.

Good parts of Avatar: graphics, and nothing else basically
Bad parts of Avatar: story, acting, script

I won't watch another Avatar film.

Saw Man of Steel and found it ok, 6/10. So sick of overdone, overly long superherovillian fights. Liked the backstory quite a bit, but you'd think...uh nevermimd as that'd be a spoiler.

Been in a Korean film mood. Top 3 modern Korean movies:

1. I saw the devil - 10/10 - perfect revenge movie in so many ways. Amazing direction and pacing.

2. Man from nowhere - 9/10 - Great action, most adorable little girl and an interesting storyline.

3. Tidal wave - 9/10 - Best disaster movie I've ever seen. Roland Emmerich should take notes. You actually care about the ~10 main characters and their plight.

Been in a Korean film mood. Top 3 modern Korean movies:

1. I saw the devil - 10/10 - perfect revenge movie in so many ways. Amazing direction and pacing.

2. Man from nowhere - 9/10 - Great action, most adorable little girl and an interesting storyline.

3. Tidal wave - 9/10 - Best disaster movie I've ever seen. Roland Emmerich should take notes. You actually care about the ~10 main characters and their plight.

Keep an eye out for Pieta. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2299842/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M7NkYtr1c8

Saw Olympus has fallen, okay action romp but some of the mistakes in that film were just mind-blowing. Also the major plot device was the stupidest thing ever.

it's a 7/10 if you love totally brainless action, it's a 3-4/10 if you have standards

Mrogan it's a 7/10 if you love totally brainless action, it's a 3-4/10 if you have standards

Well then it's probably a 6/10 for me. I do like brainless action. The missus has a major thing for Morgan Freeman so I'm going to have to watch it anyway. And that other movie he's in this summer.

I have no idea what that says about my standards for either movies nor women. But it doesn't sound good for me :cry:

Back