nVidia is making kisseys with DriverHeaven and Omegadrive

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Ok, it seems nVidia is actually realizing they have a problem and is now trying to do something to try and stop looking like the meanest/nastiest/evilest group of suits who ever ran a viddy card company....so what's in it for nVnews?

I am STILL freaking this morning after reading on DriverHeaven that nVidia contacted Zardon to tell him that they WILL be allowing Omegadrive to start putting out nVidia drivers again and that they're going to be doing a big interview with DH about the recent "troubles" (Omegadrive news, nVidia interview...free membership required, sorry.)

Does this mean what I think it does? Could nVidia have POSSIBLY got a clue and have decided to really try and change things?!?!

I tend to think not and prefer to look at this as an inspired bit-o-PR....but if it's doing the right thing for the wrong reasons I'm still pretty pleased with the results. :)

Does this mean what I think it does? Could nVidia have POSSIBLY got a clue and have decided to really try and change things?!?!
I told you Brian Burke was an insidious supergenius who asked for the cheats to try to make the NV3x look competitive but has now done this so that it doesn't hang over their heads for NV40. ;)

This is excellent news....lets just hope it is a beginning of nVidia's wakeup..... Now, how about them "optimizations"..... ;)

The Baron said:
I told you Brian Burke was an insidious supergenius who asked for the cheats to try to make the NV3x look competitive but has now done this so that it doesn't hang over their heads for NV40. ;)
No, he ain't a supergenius yet. I still haven't gotten a card from him.... ;)

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
Shall we cry conspiracy? ;)

It depends. It seems that "what they say" is very different from "what they do". :?
True, but that's why I'm excited that they're going thru DH for this. I personally KNOW that DH is credible and having worked there know the people and the way it is run and know that they will not tolerate BS nor would they sell-out.

I think nVidia is going to try and make a sincere effort at change, I really do. Mebbe I'm just biased 'cause I'm a DH nut, but I know why I'm a biased DH nut and stand by me feelings. :)

I got light-headed hearing some of the news, I truly did...it just staggered me on a gut level in a way that I've always come to associate with something major happening. (Hell YES I trust me gut instincts sometimes, I'm an enthusiast and not a professional...'member? :p )

digitalwanderer said:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
Shall we cry conspiracy? ;)

It depends. It seems that "what they say" is very different from "what they do". :?
True, but that's why I'm excited that they're going thru DH for this. I personally KNOW that DH is credible and having worked there know the people and the way it is run and know that they will not tolerate BS nor would they sell-out.

I think nVidia is going to try and make a sincere effort at change, I really do. Mebbe I'm just biased 'cause I'm a DH nut, but I know why I'm a biased DH nut and stand by me feelings. :)

I got light-headed hearing some of the news, I truly did...it just staggered me on a gut level in a way that I've always come to associate with something major happening. (Hell YES I trust me gut instincts sometimes, I'm an enthusiast and not a professional...'member? :p )
I am not joking--it's a conscious PR decision to take some of the press away from R360 and back to the new nice NVIDIA (or is it the old nice NVIDIA?) and then have a NV40 launch that is free from cheating accusations.

Hell, it's the way I'd do it.

If it's just a PR fluff piece, I think DH's interview will show it and I will personally rip 'em to shreds in the thread at DH about it. :devilish:

If Nvidia removes their unfair "optimizations" and gives Omega the right to do his stuff again I'll be content. I don't need an apology or an explanation. Doing the right thing is what matters most and if they undo their wrongdoings they will start rebuilding my TRUST in their product.

An apology along with it would would be nice and could start to rebuild my RESPECT for their company but they don't need my respect as long as they make good competing product.

There are alot of hardware companies whom I do not particularily like, but I buy their products simply because they make good hardware.

We have to thank all of the Outspoken members of our community for this turn of events. If it were not for people like HB, DoomTrooper, Digitalwanderer, Hanners, Shark, Dave Baumann and countless others...,going out and speaking about the wrongdoings to anyone that would listen, this turnaround would not be happening as most of of the hardware review sites did jack sh*t, tucked their tails between their legs and ran!!

Dean nice to see you are willing to forgive and forget but remember this, this is a company not a person. They got were they are how? have you asked yourself that? From being honest? From being trustworthy. obviously not is it. The truth of the matter is performance demands of the consumer were falsly filled by optimizations and not good products, it's that simple. Nvidia sold cards that did not perform as advertised, and used every review web sight to get the message accross! Do you honestly think a thief that gets caught stealing once, stole once?

My solution is much better, lets leave them out to dry for the next 2 years. Since they have been stealing for that long it would serve the purpose of dropping them back to a more humble state of mind when the cash cow runs low. Let them struggle back to earn our trust. [/quote]

Atomahawk said:
Dean nice to see you are willing to forgive and forget but remember this, this is a company not a person. They got were they are how? have you asked yourself that? From being honest? From being trustworthy. obviously not is it. The truth of the matter is performance demands of the consumer were falsly filled by optimizations and not good products, it's that simple. Nvidia sold cards that did not perform as advertised, and used every review web sight to get the message accross! Do you honestly think a thief that gets caught stealing once, stole once?

My solution is much better, lets leave them out to dry for the next 2 years. Since they have been stealing for that long it would serve the purpose of dropping them back to a more humble state of mind when the cash cow runs low. Let them struggle back to earn our trust.
[/quote]

I never said I was going to FORGET. I do have it in me to FORGIVE though. Yes they cheated their customers. Yes they intimidated Futuremark(possible others). I could go on and on with negativity regarding Nvidia. After it all gets said and done, I want great hardware. If Nvidia delivers great hardware in the future without the shady dealings I will consider them(even though I love ATI products). Nvidia has delivered great products in the past so its not a longshot that they will be able to do it again. It only takes one outstanding product to turn a companies image around (ie...R300)

I don't like Nvidia as a company and I do not want to support them but if they came out with something revolutionary, I would have to consider them.

Remember ATI had the Rage Fury MAXX fiasco not too many years ago. I was one of the customers who basically got robbed of cash. I still buy ATI though.

You know how many times I kept saying things similar to this?
My posts fell on deaf ears.

Atomahawk said:

K.I.L.E.R said:
You know how many times I kept saying things similar to this?
My posts fell on deaf ears.

Atomahawk said:
I'm not arguing, but doesn't it finally reach the point where no one believes your lies anymore and you've just got to come clean and start fresh?

I'm not saying I really think they are, but I'm a big believer that people/companies can change.....it's just that it's more the exception than the rule.

About 8-9 years ago I was a homeless alcoholic living under a bridge and eating out of dumpsters to survive trying to figure out just WHY I should keep surviving since life sucked so bad and I had burnt all my bridges and screwed up me life irrepairably and had absolutely no hope for the future.

Yeah, I believe people can change...I have to. It just takes a lot more than pretty words, it takes effort & time.

But it's gotta start somewhere, and I'm just hoping this is their start.

Back