MT Framework engine (2009 Edition)

bagofsuck

Newcomer
Hi guys i want to know what do you guys think about this engine and if capcom can push the consoles hardware even more,the latest RE5 preview says that the game is running at 60fps..can any of you tell me what else this engine can do its specs?

As far as I'm aware it does indeed run at 60fps.

I'm impressed with the technology, and I think we'll see many, many beautiful games out of it.

This is a previous post.

There is a thread on this engine. I would search it for your but I never get the search function on this forum to work :(

the latest RE5 preview says that the game is running at 60fps..
As far as I'm aware it does indeed run at 60fps.

Why didn't you provide a source for that then?

There is a thread on this engine. I would search it for your but I never get the search function on this forum to work :(

Just look one post above yours. There was a link posted to a specific post within the thread you are talking about .

Last edited by a moderator:
The 360 demo runs at 60fps. I can't see the final game or PS3 version being any different, and with regards to some of the bump mapping and geometry detail on the environments, compared to the 2005 tech demo, you can see how they've managed to achieve such a smooth frame rate. Less detail on buildings, and characters etc.

I'm just happy it is 60fps after Capcom saying it would be.

Neither did I. Though seeing as you move pretty slowly, there is really no reason for them to try for 60fps, it's not an action game like Devil May Cry (btw was that 30 or 60fps?).

No, I believe it was 30fps on the consoles.

EDIT: No, guess not. The game itself runs at 60fps.
Takayasu Yanagihara was in charge of the production process for the real-time demo and progress control for subcontractors. He said, "Actually, although the game itself is 60 FPS, the real-time demo was 30 FPS. In the real-time demo, we gave priority to the images." This seemed to conflict with their initial target. When we inquired further, Mr. Yanagihara said that they came to this decision after repeated trial and error. Of course, this does not mean that they did not prioritize the images in the 60 FPS gameplay: this is obvious just by looking at the actual game.
http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/devil_may_cry_4/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo doesn't feel like 60fps to me, I think the author of that IGN article is mistaken.

DMC4 is definitely 60fps though.

Edit: So the final game will be 60fps but the demo was 30fps.

The demo doesn't feel like 60fps to me, I think the author of that IGN article is mistaken.

I read real time demo as pertaining to the cut scenes. Just like they did with DMC4. Did I read that wrong? I for one have no clue why they went for 60fps on this game, I'd much rather have a prettier game and 30fps.

I read real time demo as pertaining to the cut scenes. Just like they did with DMC4. Did I read that wrong? I for one have no clue why they went for 60fps on this game, I'd much rather have a prettier game and 30fps.

I think the game looks freaking fantastic. 60fps might be there to help support a crazy amount of on screen zombies.

I think "real time demo" meant cutscenes, too. I presume that the interview was conducted in Japanese (Capcom is a Japanese developer, after all) and then translated to English by Autodesk for promotional uses. It would explain the awkward English.

I think "real time demo" meant cutscenes, too. I presume that the interview was conducted in Japanese (Capcom is a Japanese developer, after all) and then translated to English by Autodesk for promotional uses. It would explain the awkward English.

Yes, but the Autodesk article has no mention of RE5, it only talks about DMC4 which we all know runs at 60fps even if nobody told us because it feels like 60fps when you play the game. RE5 feels like 30fps so it likely runs at 30fps.

Devil May Cry 4 gameplay is 60fps on both 360 and PS3. Resident Evil 5, based on the 360 demo, is 30fps. No chance in hell will the game suddenly run at twice the refresh rate in the transition from demo to full retail release.

Devil May Cry 4 gameplay is 60fps on both 360 and PS3. Resident Evil 5, based on the 360 demo, is 30fps. No chance in hell will the game suddenly run at twice the refresh rate in the transition from demo to full retail release.

That demo was an old build.

Well, what about the disclaimer at the front of the demo that says you should be aware of minor bugs? It doesn't say it'll run at twice the frame rate once it's released. More than that, Capcom has introduced effects into the game that do help make it feel as though it's running at faster than 30fps. But it isn't. There's also the small matter that there is basically no need for this game to run at 60fps, and more than that, based on the detail levels, it's virtually impossible that it could any way.

Back