PSU help needed

Hello, I'm new here, and really just an all around noob, so I've come here to ask a lot of questions. I was looking at the Antec Signature Series, but don't know whether to get a 650 W or the 850W. Basically, all I need to know, is how many Amps on a 12V rail does a GTX 260 take up? What about a GTX 280? I know the 650 W would be fine with my current setup (not much power needed for it), but I read that the 650W only has 25A for the PCI-E connectors and that's it.

I also meant to ask: How much should I sell my PC P&C TC 860 for on ebay, not including shipping? I've only had it since some time around this past September.

what is a PC P&C TC 860 ?

edit: its a psu
its second hand so sell it for for half what you paid for it

ps: why cant you use that instead of buying a new one ?

ps: im using a gtx 260 on a 550w psu

what is a PC P&C TC 860 ?

edit: its a psu
its second hand so sell it for for half what you paid for it

ps: why cant you use that instead of buying a new one ?

ps: im using a gtx 260 on a 550w psu
Because it sucks. The Antec Signature has significantly less ripple and is better all around. Thanks for letting me know how much to sell for.:smile:

It doesn't exactly suck, you're right, but it has 65 mv of ripple on the 12V rail compared to 15mv on every rail on the Sig. Plus it isn't partially modular.

I think you're just looking to spend money, go ahead and do that then. But to be fully honest you're just wasting your money. The PCP&C will do the job more than fine.

The CPU/GPU power converters really don't care about a little input ripple ... you are looking at orders of magnitudes attenuation there.

Because PC P&C is supposed to be the best and I paid $300 for it, and there are a lot of other PSUs with lower ripple (the Antec Sig I mentioned is 15 mv according to Johnny Guru, and that is less than 1/4; Hardocp reviewed the upcoming Enermax Revo and that was quite a bit less, too, I believe) and better rail V reg.

How does a ripple of 15 mV compare to a ripple of 65 mV when both are within the spec? How does it affect your computing experience?

How does a ripple of 15 mV compare to a ripple of 65 mV when both are within the spec? How does it affect your computing experience?
It might not, but why would PSU reviewers measure ripple if it didn't affect the computing experience? I'm kind of noobish when it comes to this so sorry if I sound dumb.

Besides, I don't know that just because something is within spec means that it's excellent.

Excessive ripple can damage components. 65 mV is not excessive.

Back