Rate your 08!

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
2008 was another year of too many games and not enough time! Some good, some bad, some great and some you learn to hate. Either way, post your lists with scores and a quick blurb. Goes without saying, don't argue eachother's list. If you can't help arguing, stop reading here and exit the thread.

360:
Braid: 10/10 Best game on XBLA. Loved everything about it. The art style, music, puzzles and story are all top notch.

Castle Crashers: 8/10 Quite a fun game for old school hack n' slash. Needed patching (which is here now).

Geometry Wars 2: 9/10 You can spend many hours at this and I have but I'm just not very good. It's too damn tense.

Too Human: 5/10 Repetitive combat, enemies and strategy. Poor animation and just about everything else. Hard to believe this was in production for so long. A horrible effort at a supposed AAA title.

Rock Band 2: 9/10 Needs a linear mode to unlock songs. The challenges are nice but I don't like having to hunt through them. Otherwise, game is just awesome.

Gears 2: 9/10 Horde Mode is addicting. Loved the campaign. Top notch, major summer block buster like presentation. Public Horde mode setup options are horrible.

Fable 2: 10/10 My absolute GOTY. Sucked my in completely and loved the charm and game world provided. Told me self no more playthrough until I finish off the pending games.

Guitar Hero: World Tour: 8/10. Bought this for Guitar play only. Went though the career on Hard and it was well done. However, the whole presentation of trying to be hardcore with Skulls and Crossbones everywhere and stupid shit like that annoys me like crazy! Expert is no joke.

Dead Space: 6/10. Sold it after level 6. I stopped to play Fable 2 and then tried to get back into it and I couldn't. I'll rent it next year maybe to finish it up. It was very repetitive and I think I'm just not a big fan of such style of shooters. Story didn't do much for me either but presentation was top notch.

Left 4 Dead: 9/10. Very very addicting. The gameplay is fantastic. The game is very intense on Hard and Expert with a good team. VS mode needs all maps enabled and more levels via DLC please!

Call of Duty: World at War: 6/10. Boring campaign with crap for AI as other CoD games. Online could be good but needs patching. This game keeps putting me off the more I play it.

GTA:4 7/10 They over extended themselves trying to do too much. The main story is much too long and starts to get messy with too many useless characters. By the time you get to the end, you're just relieved. Hopefully DLC sparks it up. The presentation and controls were very nice.

Ninja Gaiden: 8/10. Amazing combat! Just absolutely fantastic. Amazingly difficult also! Higher difficulty = cheap and frustrating, not rewarding. You'll learn to control the camera along with Ryu.

Battlefield: Bad Company: 6/10. A watered down version of BF2 on the PC. If you're new to BF series you might like this more but if you're spent hundreds on hours on the PC version, you will not impressed.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith: 4/10. Crap.

Wii:
Mario Kart Wii: 5/10 Rubber Band AI and cheap at higher difficulties. Online nowhere near Live! levels. Not sure why I still have it?

Super Mario Galaxy: 10/10 Absolutely the best platforming and Mario game, period. Wii owners should be buying THIS over Wii Fit and Mario Kart.

PS3:

MGS4: 6/10 A late night B movie that takes itself too seriously. The game itself is short. It might be a must have for the fans but for someone properly jumping into the MGS series for the first time, you might be looking for a nap or some other game quickly. The AV presentation is top notch.

Heavenly Sword: 7/10. Beautiful game. Great presentation. Combat system is weird. Not very hard. Beauty comes at the expense of frame rate. Short.

Games Pending due to not enough time:
Fallout 3 (360)
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (360)
LBP (PS3)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot remember all the games which I played this year, but in no particular order..

Price of Persia - 7/10: would be my current opinion of it. The visuals are very nice, and the platforming sections are fun. The battles are excellent in idea, but so few and not varied enough. Mainly it's just too easy so far to be rewarding, I have had trouble to go back to it.

Pixel junk Monsters - 10/10: Whilst not normally my type of game, I had reasonably like PJ Racers (aside the frustration) so it was worth a shot. Visuals are clean and nice. And the game is very enjoyable and challenging. My girlfriend loves it (her game of the year i think), and which the patch allowing custom music - not that the music isn't nice enough - and add on island... Definitely a great game.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 7/10: Had it been just 1 on 1 with on-line I may have rated this 8.5-9. The main fighting engine is really nice, when you have two good players the battles can become very engrossing. The animation and visuals are very well done, though personally I'd have liked it a little less saturated and please some AA. The single player missions really hold this game back. They are repetitive, menu-driven, awful loading times, and due to lack of locations it doesn't feel like it goes with the story well. I preferred the Gamecube naruto ones.

LBP - 7/10: Good game to play with others, and make new friends through on-line. a cute game, which I got addicted too until I had gold on nearly all levels. Never took to creating my own levels, i didn't find I wanted to put that time it. It didn't draw me in enough, and most of the fan levels were, compared to the MM levels, unrewarding.

Fable 2 - 8/10: Pretty good game, a lot like the first one to me. Much like the first I got distracted before completion and haven't gone back. I think it started off really well, but I didn't feel very immersed and part of this wondrous story. Quite a bit to do in the game again and it entertained me well, but not the wondrousness I had hoped for.

GTA IV - 9/10 : For the most part I enjoyed this more than all the previous GTA games. I know it took itself very seriously and removed some of the fun things, but I actually preferred that. I got into it enough to see both ending (via a save rather than another play-through). My gf too very much enjoyed it and played it through on her own (she was never into games before she met me :devilish:).

Other odd games here and there, but nothing I can put my finger on right now.

[Edit]
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 5/10: I really didn't like this. The camera entirely ruined the game for me. I never expected to fight enemies and the camera at the same time. Combat was still good though, hence the 5, but I didn't think the excessive blood was necessary. I sold it after, i think, level 3.

The last guy - 7/10 Fun, addicting, loved the music. As a PSN game I think it's great.

GTA4: 8\10 Felt rushed, San Andreas and other titles offered a whole lot more than GTA4 does, aspecially outside of the story. Story is a tad long (climaxes way before the ending. After
the bank job
things get boring. Still an excellent title that i have sunk alot of time into. Im looking forward to the next GTA game, hopefully like last gen (with GTA3 being much worse than Vice City and San Andreas), the next GTA for PS3\X360 will be much better. And im sure they will be, because Saints Row is pretty close to GTA on a lot lower budget (aside from the story being worse).

Fifa 09 : 9\10

Newest Fifa is amazing, the few die hard PES fans i know have all converted to Fifa 09 after actually trying Fifa 09. I guess stealing employees for the last 3-4 years have paid off for EA. Fifa 09 is now 100% physics based, its as random as PES, you can do anything and the game evolves naturally and randomly based on your input, its much better at dribbling, far superior licencing and much much much better graphics. Best fotball game to date.

MGS4: 6\10 Very Impressive graphics sometimes, usually good.

Story is badly in need of an editor, alot of redundant incredibly boring dialoge, cutscenes are to long, i wouldn't mind if the action on screen was good, but unless you played the other titles with a passion, most cutscenes gets incredibly boring because the cutscenes try to wrap up and answer as many questions as possible the game series. 90% of the cutscenes are dialoge, dialoge about people (if you haven't played the games) that you dont care about, thus amusement and immersion levels are really really low.

Actual gameplay is fairly short, most of the time your watching cutscenes. Outside of cutscenes you can finish the game rather quickly, 4-6 hours if your good (and anybody can be good, just learn to use Camo suit).

LBP (not finished\still playing) 7\10: Nice physics and graphics, but so far the levels aren't particularly good, mario is a better platformer still. Cute.

Fallout 3: 8\10 Much better than oblivion, worse than the originials.

Alot of the same crappy tech from oblivion, animations are particularly bad. Okay story, but dialoge is sometimes awful (mostly your responses avaliable), fighting is okay, VATS is incredibly gory but awesome. Originials had better story line, and much much much more interesting side quest. Oblivion also had a lot of good questline, more so than Fallout 3 imo if you go outside of the main mission.

Should have been grittier and should have had more populated environments (well, bigger also, its a wasteland after all), bigger towns etc.

Far Cry 2: 6\10

Good graphics and interesting physics. Gameplay gets boring, little action, most of the time your just moving from one place of the african desert to the other. Should have been more civilians and animals and side"quests", and guardposts should not respawn so quickly (nor should they shoot you on sight allways).
Stealth is very very bad (guards spots you through foilage. They also manage to aim and shoot for you through foilage).

Didn't really play all that many games, last year was more interesting imo gaming wise.

Burnout Paradise : 9.0 Great arcade racer that keeps on giving.

Hot Shots Golf 5
: 8.0 Great mechanics and fun MP, but unlocking stuff is a chore.

GTA4 : 8.0 Good game, but it gets repetitive.

MGS4 : 9.0 Great game and story, my first MGS game.

GTP5 : 8.5 I'm not a sim fan, but the cockpit view sucked me in. Love what content is there, need more!

Haze : 6.0 Co-op makes it bearable, but just barely.

Battlefield: Bad Company: : 8.0 Great campaign. Destructibility is the star. MP is good if you have the time.

RBSV2 : 8.5 Fun co-op, not ground breaking.

Army of Two : 8.0 Fun co-op, cheesy story. Free DLC adds a frew hours.

Resistance 2 : 9.0 Best FPS in a while, co-op is ground breaking.

Motorstorm PR : 9.0 Best Arcade racer this gen.

Fable 2 : NS, Taded it, I'll finish it later. See the Escapist for my initial views.

Gears 2 : NS, just started it. Seems like Gears so it will be good co-op fun.

Too Human : 5.0 It supports co-op, but nothing makes it fun.

Aquanauts Holiday : 8.5 Fun relaxing game.

Wipeout HD : 8.5 My kids love it and it is strangely addicting even though it's not my cup of tea.

Ratchet and Clank: W4B : 8.0 Short but fun. Pricey though.

LBP : 10.0 GOTY, the game that keeps giving. Great co-op or alone, hundreds of great user levels. MGS DLC is DLC-OTY.

Fallout 3 should arrive today, and I have a few others to start or finish.

MGS4 10.0 : Most fulfilling single player game play experience from a retail game this generation for me period. Loved every minute of it.

Pixel Junk Eden 10.0 : Beautiful and completely unique experience. Loved it.

LBP 9.5 : Total genius. This game will be remembered as a very important point in gaming history.

GTA4 9.5 : My favorite GTA thus far.

Burnout Paradise 9.0 : Played the hell out of this one.

Wipeout HD 9.0 : Thrilling. Polished as hell.

Monster Hunter Portable 2 G 9.0: The game I played the most of this year period. My game clock is nearing 400 hours played. Despite it's flaws it keeps me coming back.

Fallout 9.0 : Very good game. The radio stations and and the VATS system were great additions to the Bethesda open world game formula.

Dead Space 8.5 : The spiritual successor to System Shock 2 for me.

Resistance 8.5 : Very awesome COOP game. Decent SP game.

In decreasing order of preference... They are all 9-ish or 10 IMHO (but score doesn't convey the essence).

Most Entertaining and Stunning (Changed the way I view the genre/series)
===============================================
MGS4 (The sheer production value and unique gameplay)
Valkyria Chronicles (On par with MGS4 in terms of entertainment value. Best strategy game I have played)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rifts (I don't like racing games but this one is pure fun and beauty -- very consistent experience throughout)
LBP (Playing other gamers' work and the community)
Resistance 2 (THE Co-op for console games)

Best Family Fun
==========
SingStar ABBA (and others). Unquestionably the most popular game in my house.
LBP (We :love: co-op when there's no lag).
Buzz!
MotorStorm: Pacific Rifts (The most popular game amongst my friends and their wives here)

Small Packages
==========
Pixel Junk Monsters
Everyday Shooter (Is this 2008 ? Whatever...)

I still have unplayed game (e.g. Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Naruto [Just started], Mirror's Edge, MLB The Show). So this list is incomplete.

MGS4 single-handedly made 08 the best year in gaming since 05, when i bought a PS2 :)

Honorable mentions this year would be DMC4, R2, GTA4.

Other games in the 7 - 8/10 range this year: NG:Sigma, NG2, Gears 2, Mass Effect, Dead Spac.

MGS4: 9/10 - Loved the story, as for someone who usually doesn't like stealth games, I actually enjoyed the gameplay as well.

DMC4: 9/10 - Huge DMC fan and this did not disappoint. Still liked DMC3 more, but this is not far behind.

GT5P: 9/10 - I'm a huge GT fan and this game got the most playtime out of any of the PS3 games I've bought so far. Beautiful looking game. Good improvement over GT4 gameplay wise.

Resistance 2: 9/10 - Thought it was better than R1 in almost every way.

Far Cry 2: 5/10 - Not a big fan of sandbox games. Should have researched this before buying. Didn't get into this game at all.

CoD WaW: 8/10 - I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. The AI is very dumb at times, and I didn't get into the story at all, but I enjoyed the gameplay.

(LTTP) Guitar Hero III: 9/10 - I finally tried Rock Band this year (first game I've played like this) and the GHIII bundle was 50 bucks, so I bought it. Anyway, I love it. definitely picking up RB2 sometime.

MGS4 10/10 - easily the most fun I had with a game during the last 5+ years. I love the presentation, love how rich the characters are, how cohesive and inventive the visual design is and I love the gameplay as well. I usually hate stealth games because of the punishing trial and error nature of the genre, but MGS4 (MGS series in general) lets me play in my stealth sandbox just the way I want to and also provides me with tons of goofy tools to mess around with.

Dead Space 7.5/10 - when I started playing I almost thought I discovered the holy grail of horror games, but the "ambush-horror"-formula started to wear thin around the time I hit the halway point of the game. Too many darned fetch quests and too little environmental and enemy variety for such a lengthy campaign. Fun gameplay mechanics and a decent story, though. Sadly the mute protagonist is about as relatable as a robot.

Silent Hill Homecoming 8/10 - the best horror offering in 08 in my opinion. Double Helix fixed the near broken combat mechanics that plagued the earlier SH games, provided an interesting plot (with much more natural voice acting), a likeable protagonist and some really memorable set pieces, monsters and bosses. The game's visuals were pretty much lifted straight from the Silent Hill movie, but since the movie was very good looking I'm not complaining.

Prince of Persia 8.5/10 - the beautiful visuals, intuitive (if a little too simplistic) parcour mechanics and charming protagonists kept me glued to the screen until I had that Platinum Trophy. The combat was a bit dull, but aside form that I have no complaints. Assassin's Creed always felt like an overblown tech-demo to me, Prince of Persia is just as impressive, but unlike AC it also has a soul (and a proper ending thank god)

Little Big Planet 7/10 - incredibly charming to look at and undoubtedly very well made, but I can't seem to get into it. I love platformers (3d or 2d - it doesn't matter), but they better have tight and precise controls. Little Big Planet's floaty physics don't really do it for me.

Far Cry 2 5/10 - it's very pretty. Too bad it's also very boring. Play the game for 30 minutes and you've seen it all: beautiful scenery that looks the same wherever you go, armed patrols in vehicles that try to ram you every 5 minutes and endlessly respawning guard posts. Due to the total lack of civilians the setting comes across as incredibly fake. Wasted potential if I ever saw one, especially since the basic shooter mechanics are quite enjoyable.

Tomb Raider Underworld 8/10 - gorgeous graphics, interesting story line and refreshingly complex as well as old-school level design, especially compared to the overly simplistic TR Legend, make it a winner in my eyes. A god-awful camera, archaic shooting mechanics and lack of polish kept it from becoming the excellent title it could have been. TR Anniversary remains the definitive modern TR experience in my opinion, but Underworld comes reasonably close.

Mirror's Edge 7/10 - I like the setting. I also like how unforgiving the gameplay is. It's the polar opposite of the on-rails parcour mechanics in the latest Prince of Persia; it requires a high degree of precision and split second timing. Shame that the level design hardly ever makes use of the fun mechanics: instead of runnung from roof top to roof top at break neck speed the game loves to trap you in confined spaces where armed riot cops gun you down in a matter of seconds because you can't find the exit quick enough. Great mechanics held back by bad level design. The crappy and horribly presented story doesn't provide any sort of incentive to complete the ridicuously short sp campaign either. The game does have it's fair share of fresh and brilliant moments, though, so I can't rate it too low. Good rental.

Valkyria Chronicles 9.5/10 - great story, a fresh and very deep strategy system, lovable characters (all of them really, not just the few protagonists), beautiful and unique cel-shaded art style and a terrific soundtrack; VC was the biggest surprise of the year for me. The AI is a bit on the stupid side, but the game is still quite challenging. I often felt like I really shouldn't have won a mission, but that's my only minor gripe with the game. I just hope Sega releases the dlc to western audiences despite the abysmal sales.

[edit]

GTA IV 6/10 - Where the hell is the excellent story reviewers keep raving about? You go from one generic thug to next and absolve mostly unconnected missions. Every 10 hours or so the game keeps reminding me about Nico's past with some war criminals and then it climaxes somewhere past the halfway mark and never really picks up again. I didn't care much for the main character either: his constant bitching and moaning about his own situation could have played a little bit into his actions at least. Well, he gets what he deserves in the end. I definitely prefer myself an honest sociopath like Tommy Vercetti.
At least the city was beautifully realized and the Euphoria driven animations were fun for a couple of hours. Nice selection of wheels as well, although I'm not a fan of the slippery driving physics. Shame that Rockstar dropped all the weird and fun stuff from previous games in favor of realism, especially since the few activities that made the cut were all uniformly boring. The shooting mechanics were at least improved, but compared to other genres and even the Saints Row competition they still feel clunky and dated.

Golden Axe Beast Rider 5/10 - I don't think it's quite as bad as some reviewers make it out to be, but it never exceeds mediocricy either. It's a God of War clone with highly flawed gameplay mechanics and almost no story whatsoever (about as much plot as a fighting game single player mode). You have almost no range and do puny amounts of damage with your standard attacks. Magic is incredibly limited as well so all your hope lies with the colour-coded counter/parry system. It's an incredibly unforgiving system, giving you no more than a fraction of a second to decide between 3 different counter maneuvers. Pick the wrong one and kiss a quarter of your health bar good-bye, then hope that enemies didn't gang up on you while you took that hit and proceed to kill you without a chance to get away. With the Ninja Gaiden difficulty comes a Ninja Gaiden camera as well by the way. I kinda liked the graphics, though. Textures are on the muddy side, but some of the vistas look quite beautiful regardless.

Wipeout HD -: 9/10[/B][/B] Fantastic achievement considering the price!
LPB -: 8/10 Not played long enough to warrant bigger score.
R2 -: 8/10 Enjoyable single player, not tried online yet.
Dead Space -: 9/10 Suprise of the year, really enjoyable.
MS2 -: 9/10 Best arcade racer thus far, a clear step above MS1
MGS4 -: 9/10 Best story driven single player game thus far.
GTA4 -: 9/10 Highly enjoyable, never got bored at all, playing through 2nd time for trophys.

GT5P -: 9/10 Stunning looks and gameplay, nice updates. Roll on GT5.
Everybodys Golf -: 9/10 Fun fun fun! Brilliant online features.
Far Cry2 -: 4/10 Dreadfully over-rated. A real let down.
Crysis Warhead -: 7/10 Decent effort but a bit to "on rails" next to Crysis.
Red Alert 3 -: 8/10 Solid effort, Nice co-op addition, pretty to look at.

Still waiting to play ANY 360 title (my 360 is elswhere).

This year had a little to offer in terms of good gaming.
The really enjoyable games were pretty scarce.
Let's see (in alphabetical order):
Fable II - very interesting project, good execution and pretty much playable, considering its rather unusual mechanics. I thought it would be much duller, surprised.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Kojima execution is perfect, as always. The only man in industry who really knows and really shows that you are playing a game: the game that's made purely for your entertainment and not for any other purpose.
Patapon - so cute and ugly at the same time, marvelous execution of fresh gameplay.
Prince of Persia - ripoff of the all-time hits like Okami, ICO and Shadow of Colossus, but what a ripoff! It's a live execution of the principle: "The best way to do something special is to copy somebody famous".
Valkyria Chronicles - stunning production values, old gameplay made anew. One of the best if not perfect executions of the whole "making a video game" concept.
Wii - I don't know how to put it, it's a toy that wants to be a game, and it's a game that's infinitely replayable as a toy.

Honorable mention: Soulcalibur 4, because legends never die.

P.S. no good PC games this year, bummer.

Far Cry 2 4/10 - Impressive visuals and sound but sadly very poor regarding content. Gets repetitive after a couple of hours of wandering and repetivie missions aswell as instant respawns of enemies.

GTAIV 8/10 - Interesting storyline with good cutscenes and interesting missions to do. Quite nice city reproduction although it feels "cold" regarding how vivid it is. Should bring lots of hours just doing random stuff in the city.

Fallout 3 9/10 - Great athmosphere with believable post-apocalyptic design. Nice visuals and great sound. Quite good dialogs with Fallout'ish quality with mature content and good/evil choices. Plenty to do and explore which will ensure lots of exitment, late nights and drooling.

Crysis Warhead 9.5/10 - fast paced action in beathiful environments. Tight storyline with great cutscenes and tempo. Cinematic execution and possibly the most cinematic 'in-your-face' FPS to have been presented to gamers. Epic soundtrack and great improvements over Crysis.

Witcher Special Edition 9.5/10 - really good RPG with huge amount of good and well done dialog. packed with missions, places to explore and amazing artwork. This game will satisfy those craving for a detailed RPG game with lots of stats, potion mixing and item exploration.

Mass Effect 8/10 - Light RPG with good dialogs although a bit thin. Nicely done artwork with not so great graphics tech. Interesting places and quite a few good missions to do.

I find it interesting that everyone that reviewed Far Cry 2 (including myself) gave it a considerably lower score than what most professional reviewers gave it.

Lego Indy/Batman: 4/10 Is there a game here somewhere?

DMC4: 6/10 The game asked me if Ive ever played DMC before. I said no. I now wish it was still the case. Presentation was quite good though. So was the tech.

R6 Vegas 2 6/10: Probably biggest disappointment of the year. Loved the first one, probably one of my favorite games ever. The sequel was a rushed DLC content with no sense of squad strategy at all.

Far Cry 2: 6.5/10. Ubisoft should abandon open-world repetitive stuff.

Prince of Persia: 8/10 Ubisoft should abandon open-world repetitive stuff. Fortunately though, despite being collect-em-up, platforming doesn't feel that repetitive after the early stages. Some lame powers. Combat is nothing to write home about. Great tech though. Ultimate QTE game.

PJ Monsters: 8/10 Great adaptation of Tower Defense to controller. Still a trial error game by nature. I would like to see randomized adaptive strategy version.

Dead Space: 8/10 Nice effort all around but it never really rises above something alternating between boring and frustrating. I consistently felt how much it could have been better with little changes. Liked the combat though, despite the camera.

Fallout 3: 8/10 Total downgrade compared to Oblivion. I wasn't expecting much from a Fallout game, but at least some content would be nice.

GTA 4: 8/10 Most overrated this year. A couple of high points lost in the repetitive, frustrating and ugly game. The girlfriend was the most memorable video game character for me though. Last date was also thought provoking.

Civ Rev: 8.5/10 Ultimately addictive annoyance. Should have been a PSN game. I put more hours into it than any other game except R2. I probably complained as much. Makes me want more strategy games. Looking forward to Civ Rev 2 or whatever.

MGS4: 9/10 Kojima is the grandmaster of the medium. So many memorable moments. Great presentation. I like the aid and options given to the player. Tech is underwhelming considering how polished everything else is. MGO was nice too when matchmaking worked, no thanks to Konami no doubt.

Resistance 2: 9/10 I hated many core changes they made to SP. It didn't have the high points of the original either. What happened to level design? Still love the universe, the story and of course the weapons. Great MP all around, hence the score. I have a feeling I wont be able to play other games for a couple of months.

LBP: 10/10 Mostly boring campaign levels except the last few. It's quite an achievement to come up with a game that's so adorable in presentation yet boring and at the same time not so casual friendly.
Still the coop introduced me to the state of silly happiness no other game ever came close. Creation stuff is a blast, and I already seen great user created levels, which is only going to get better.

PJ Eden: 10/10 GOTY. I hate exploration in games, and incremental spectra collection is cheap. Yet Eden has that Tetris like simplistic elegance with awesome platforming that makes exploration so fun and natural.
Above all, it has the best coop I have ever played.

Hopefully coming soon if R2 lets me:
Valkyria Chronicles, Mirror's Edge, TRU and maybe the new Golden Axe game.

MSG4 - 10/10 great game all the way around most complete and polished SP experience this year.

DMC4 - 9/10 a break from the norm highly enjoyed the big boss fights and 60fps for the win.

Gears 2 - 8/10 great game but horrible ending the great moments ended when DOM found his
wife

Resistance 2 - 7/10 had alot of opportunity but failed because of scripted boss fights and no co-op for campaign. The actual single player gameplay was good...seemed rushed though.

GTA4 - 7/10 enjoyed the tech but I thought the IQ was not great and storyline was not interesting. The AI was great though.

COD Waw - 6/10 Modern Warfare not only is a better game but it looks better also

NG2 - 4/10 Camera is horrible haven't completed it yet and the graphics are not that great imo

RB2 - 10/10 Sleeper for me highly enjoyed it hate the cheap parts though. Iam getting crosstalk with my drums and my mic is broke in one day.

Hopefully I will have some RPG's under my belt in 09

DSA Drakensang : 9 - Tactical Old shool RPG with good quests.
Sacred 2 : 8,5 - Action RPG in a huge, detailed world. Great GFX , some bugs tho.
Crysis Warhead : 7 - boring , still not finished yet.
MGS4 : 9 - not that big of a fan , but an impressive game in all aspects.
Wipeout HD : 9,5 - best bang for the buck this year.
Dead Space 9 - Great atmosphere , sometimes too hectic but it`s part of the experience.
Resistance 2 9 - single player was ok , co-op is the bomb.
COD5 7 - The AI killed it for me , veteran difficulty very frustrating.
LBP 8 - was fun for a while , then came R2...

Back