2009 platform CONSOLE exclusives!

Yes, White Knight Chronicles is coming to North America; Akihiro Hino, the CEO and president of Level-5, says so himself. In an interview with GameTrailers, Hino reaffirmed that Level-5 plans to bring the game over to North America, but he did not disclose when it would be coming.

Furthermore, when pressed for the possibility of North American gamers playing alongside Japanese gamers in WKC's online components, Hino neither denied nor confirmed the cross-region play with a "hasn't been decided yet" response. This sort of wording leads to speculation that such a feature might be in the works and will be implemented if Level-5 works out all the kinks. It would be great if they do. To see the full video interview, just have a look past the break.

BTW shouldn't the OP be updated with the master list for quick reference?

With Sony's attitude to non-world wide releases the definition of 2009 exclusives needs to be a little lose. FFXIII is a 2009 PS3 exclusive in Japan and GT5 may see Dec release in Japan with a Feb 2010 release for the other versions. It also wouldn't surprise me if EyePet never saw a release in NA, judging by the treatment of previous EyeToy titles.

Also we should not forget 2008 Japanese releases that arrive elsewhere this year. Africa and White Knight Chronicles being the two main examples.

Other titles not already mentioned include PixelJunk Dungeons, Fat Princess and Flower from the creators of Flow.

In the unannounced pile we have Trico, Sony Cambridge and Rockstar title that Sony chose to fund instead of time exclusive or DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they did, it's just that they were so close geographically they shared a lot of info and helped each other out.

Didn't sony "poach" DeanoC from them.

I don't think they did, it's just that they were so close geographically they shared a lot of info and helped each other out.

Didn't sony "poach" DeanoC from them.

Nope, DeanoC worked somewhere else (not Sony) for a while, now is at Splash Damage (Quake Wars: Enemy Territory).

Also we should not forget 2008 Japanese releases that arrive elsewhere this year. Africa and White Knight Chronicles being the two main examples.

Afrika's worldwide release is pure speculation, based on an ambiguous press release by National Geographic, as far as I know. No definitive announcement has been made.

Does anyone know if Alan Wake is finally planned to release this year? I have been waiting for this game for what seems like an eternity. The mystery behind is intrigues me so :p

I think it will get a 2009. release.
It's in development since 2005. and since Sony has a killer lineup this year (especially if they manage to get Polyphony release their monster during Christmas), so i guess MS is going to try to counter them with Alan and Halo Recon.

Well, I'm really hoping that we see Alan Wake, I really really really want that game, lol. Seems like it's in the viegn of something like Indigo Prophecy / Heavy Rain in it's gameplay, more story driven with suspense and horror...delicious!

Well, I'm really hoping that we see Alan Wake, I really really really want that game, lol. Seems like it's in the viegn of something like Indigo Prophecy / Heavy Rain in it's gameplay, more story driven with suspense and horror...delicious!

I'm with you. I want it now. :eek:

The Alan Wake screenshots and clips looked impressive in 2006, but they look dated compared to 2008/09 titles. I hope there's been an upgrade to the animations and models in the interim.

The Alan Wake screenshots and clips looked impressive in 2006, but they look dated compared to 2008/09 titles. I hope there's been an upgrade to the animations and models in the interim.

Meh, concept, story, and gameplay are all far more important than Animations and Models, IMO.

With Sony's attitude to non-world wide releases the definition of 2009 exclusives needs to be a little lose. FFXIII is a 2009 PS3 exclusive in Japan and GT5 may see Dec release in Japan with a Feb 2010 release for the other versions.

Got any sources for GT5 coming to japan in december and feb 2010 elsewhere?

Or is this just speculation based on nothing but arguments from your own arse?

Im just wondering because so many people apparently seems to have an "idea" about when GT5 is supposedly going to come out, but 99,9% of them are just talking BS without any sources, and that is of 0 value to me.

Im just wondering because so many people apparently seems to have an "idea" about when GT5 is supposedly going to come out, but 99,9% of them are just talking BS without any sources, and that is of 0 value to me.

The last word I've seen was from a very recent Famitsu one-paragraph interview with Yamauchi (if you can believe translators, as I don't speak Japanese) that said they'd try for 2009, but no guarantees.

The last word I've seen was from a very recent Famitsu one-paragraph interview with Yamauchi (if you can believe translators, as I don't speak Japanese) that said they'd try for 2009, but no guarantees.

Excuse me for getting a bit offtopic, but this is pure bullshit.

You don't finish a game for 2009 if you don't have it as a #1 priority. There's always something to improve in a game; somebody said once that games are never finished, just abandoned. Especially for a team famous with their attention to detail and financially secure as Polyphony.

"We'd try for 2009, but no guarantees" to me means "we haven't yet received any death threats from Sony".

Last edited by a moderator:
"We'd try for 2009, but no guarantees" to me means "we haven't yet received any death threats from Sony".

That they've changed their tune from 'we don't know when it'll be ready' to 'maybe by 2009' probably means they've received mild death threats.

We know the concept/premise is that you are this writer whose stories suddenly come alive and reality.

Wait.

That sounds awfully deja vu. Am I confusing things or was this in a movie or two?

Back