[H] and nVidia define optimization guidelines?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
There's an interesting thread at nVnews about how HardOCP has been in discussions with nVidia about the current 'optimization' scandal and nVidia's new cheating....I mean 'optimization' guidelines.

(Sorry, I just couldn't bring meself to link up to [H]. The nVnews thread has the links if you need them.)

I $aw them thi$ morning. It ba$ically prove$ that Kyle knew what wa$ going on all along. He ju$t didn't have the $pine to $peak publicly about the i$$ue$, or decided not to $peak about the i$$ue$ for other rea$on$.

But he i$ $till INVE$TIGATING, [prediction]and he will $till turn a blind eye OR relea$e a joint [H] + Nvidia $tatement![/prediction]

I'm a bit peeved how it seems to imply that he knew of it all along (or longer?) and is just speaking up about it now since his "friends" at nV have given him the go-ahead. :(

Yes Kyle did not want to rush to judgement and will now make an editorial on the subject now that Nvidia has spoon fed him what he is going to say. God this just becomes more of a joke each day, How Kyle and now even Brent can actually type what there typing with a straight face I'll never know.

I just want to scream at Kyle "we know your a paid shill everyone knows your a paid shill stop pretending your not".

OMG Kyle is the biggest tool, I'm sorry to start with the name calling but he is. I've been banned twice now at [H] for commenting on his lack of objectivity regarding nVidia's cheating. He also deleted numerous other replys from people who are calling him out on it. I really think its starting to get to him now.

Edit: he just baned me again :(, 3x now.

japgar said:
OMG Kyle is the biggest tool, I'm sorry to start with the name calling but he is. I've been banned twice now at [H] for commenting on his lack of objectivity regarding nVidia's cheating. He also deleted numerous other replys from people who are calling him out on it. I really think its starting to get to him now.

Edit: he just baned me again :(, 3x now.
Shouldn't really post stuff like that about Kyle here, name-calling isn't called for.

After saying that....

I am guilty of cruising [H] forums again a bit today, just the thread on the slides & a thread about the best card for HL2. The thread on the slides was ripping my sides reading Kyle's posts in that thread:

posted by FrgMstr:
"If waiting to get NVIDIA's side of the story make any editorial "late", then that is fine by me. Jumping the gun with half-baked conspiracies has done no one any good and quite frankly we did not want to be part of it. Sorry you do not appreciate that and are not happy with our timeline. Some things are not fixed overnight...

"They do have cards that are competitors now", means exactly what is says in relation to the statement that it answered. NVIDIA has cards that are competitive to ATI's now. It is that simple. I have used both sides cards now and speak of this with first hand knowledge. I have a 9800-256 in my box today and will be doing some gameplaying. I think I like the "feel" and look of the 9800 over the 5900, but that hardly makes either one dominant. I can see where some might have a flip-flopped experience.

As for exposing cheats, if that is your concern then I say you should stick to it. Our focus will remain to be giving good evaluations of video cards and the gameplay delivered by them. That is what folks buy them for and that is what we want to stress.
posted by FrgMstr:
POST ON TOPIC PLEASE......dead horses are plenty over at Rage3D, go beat them there please. Your flaming and wild allegations will get you banned here also, but are welcome on other forums.

This thread is to directly address the mentioned slides. If you can't keep focus in order to do that, then you should not post here.
Funny thing, their were 2 pages about 15 minutes ago...now there is just one short one... :LOL:

Sorry, but one more time:
"If waiting to get NVIDIA's side of the story make any editorial "late", then that is fine by me. Jumping the gun with half-baked conspiracies has done no one any good and quite frankly we did not want to be part of it."

:LOL:
[/quote]

EDITED BITS: I had to fix some formatting. :rolleyes: I also forgot to add that in the 2-3 pages of the HL2 thread there is no mention made of the rumoured hardware problems with the game & nVidia's current hardware that will make AA unavailable to nVidia users. :rolleyes: (It won't work on ATi cards right now either, but it looks like it's fixable in drivers in the 9500-9800 series. :) )

Kyle is getting frustrated now. He knows at this point his reputation cannot be fixed. In all honesty I do not think he is a paid shill by any means but he seems bound by something. I do think he is way too friendly with Nvidia to be able to judge them properly and has become nothing more than a public relations outlet for them. He attacked ATI openly when he saw them as doing wrong and rightfully so. Why Nvidia is being protected by silence by not only Kyle, but other major sites makes you wonder though.

swanlee said:
I just want to scream at Kyle "we know your a paid shill everyone knows your a paid shill stop pretending your not".

Even worse is being an unpaid shill on an obsucre message board.

It will be fun to watch him break down and squirm, eventually this will get to a point that he nor anyone around him can pretend he is not a shill.
The only logical reason why his site and a host of other sites fell silent on Nvidia obvious and out of control cheating is they are either paid shills or legally threatened. I'm willing to bet Kyle is a paid shill and some of the other sites are afraind of Nvidia.

cho said:
i think this "optimization guidelines" is ok if they will do that.
The tough part is confirming whether or not they are actually following their own guidelines. After deliberately ignoring/concealing the issues for months, it's hard to imagine anyone just taking their word on it.

GraphixViolence said:
The tough part is confirming whether or not they are actually following their own guidelines. After deliberately ignoring/concealing the issues for months, it's hard to imagine anyone just taking their word on it.

yes, but it is same to what ati do "Quality AF" in UT2003 :rolleyes: :?

Deflection said:
swanlee said:

Even worse is being an unpaid shill on an obsucre message board.
ROFLMFAO~~~~~~~~

Ok, that one made me spit coffee out my nose. ("It's funny because it's true!" :LOL: )

cho said:
yes, but it is same to what ati do "Quality AF" in UT2003 :rolleyes: :?

No it is NOT..Trilinear is enabled..get your facts straight...as long as APPLICATION is selected in the control panel.

9800 Pro Detail Textures

9800_detail.jpg

5900 (Bilinear)

5900_detail.jpg

Doomtrooper said:
No it is NOT..Trilinear is enabled..get your facts straight...as long as APPLICATION is selected in the control panel.

how to enable anisotropic filtering in ut2003?

When anisotropic filtering is selected, ATI performs Trilinear only on detailed textures. Nvidia does it to none.

kmolazz said:
When anisotropic filtering is selected, ATI performs Trilinear only on detailed textures. Nvidia does it to none.

in my test , the "quality af 8x" scores were equal with the "performance af 8x", that is mean r3xx perform Trilinear on detailed textures too even set to performance af8x mode?

cho said:
how to enable anisotropic filtering in ut2003?

In the ut2003.ini - it works fine. Alternatively we could ask Mr Vogel nicely to see if he'll up a UT settings option in the next release... Daniel? :D

kmolazz said:

No. With the control panel Texture stage 0 is the one that has Trilinear applied, stages 1 or above have Bilinear. With UT2003 the base (default) texture is always at 1 so the detail textures are at Bilinear. However, you do get Trilinear full Trilinear in Application mode.

Back