Windows 7

well, if you got firefox (i downloaded ff portable just for this, though in the end i didn't need it) you can get check4change named add-on for it, paint the "error" word and let it refresh it for you during intervals you decide yourself until the "error" text changes (aka, isn't there anymore) and just leave it running on itself there, it will stop refreshing once the page changes, leaving you with your key

This worked eventually, thanks!

Can't d/l the .iso, but I have my key.

Got to say I am very impressed. There's no way I can go back to Vista now. It's the little things like the desktop background that automatically cycles backdrops that impress me most.

File transfers are also boosted over vista, started off at 70+ mb/s, unheard of for Vista on this PC (although it did slow down to the 30 mb/s range towards the end of the 20+ gb transfer - still overall it was much quicker than when I was copying the files over to my storage drive before putting Windows 7 on)

Well you may as well stop trying, it's been postponed now.

Nope, just reports from another forum, couple new guys got theirs with the same method just now, one had check4change running for over 12h before he finally got his :D

edit:
Just tested, and got myself few new keys just by refreshing, so the site definately works

edit:
There's apparently 5 32- and 5 64bit keys per account, though I got 6 64bit keys and 5 32bit keys (in couple minutes just now, had 1 64bit last night and now 5 of each)
the 1 extra key might be related to when i got my first 64bit key

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my key today like this:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1116187#

"HOW TO GET A BETA KEY:

(optional, some people can get it with IE only after few minutes and some people use this and never get it after trying many hours) 1. Install Firefox and Check4Change plugin

2. Start Firefox, Tools > Clear Private Data > Click "Cookies" > OK, Restart Firefox

3. Open one tab, go to https://login.live.com and log-in

4. Open a second tab, go to https://profile.microsoft.com and wait for it to load

5. Open a third tab, go to https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/scripts/gcs.aspx?Product=tn-win7-64-ww&LCID=1033

6. If you got a key, you just won the lottery. Otherwise, continue

(optional, some people can get it with IE only after few minutes and some people use this and never get it after trying many hours) 7. Highlight the text "Error" on the page, right-click, Check4Change > Custom"

Open FF, open the tabs and use check4change.

Seems like the new keys that people are now getting are all the same, 10 different keys, 5 for 32 and 5 for 64bit, but they're the same for everyone
The keys people got last night are unique

The keys are all the same now, to save trouble from you, just pick one:

From the x64 link: (64bit)
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

From the x86 link: (32bit)
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

The keys people got last night were still unique

The keys are all the same now, to save trouble from you, just pick one:

From the x64 link: (64bit)
JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH
482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
D9RHV-JG8XC-C77H2-3YF6D-RYRJ9
7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3

From the x86 link: (32bit)
6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73
4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC

The keys people got last night were still unique

Yup, my keys are not among those.

Well that is cool of them, but if it is the case why not make it easier to get? Perhaps they dont want a bunch of idiots downloading it and destroying their computer then getting all upset.

Well that is cool of them, but if it is the case why not make it easier to get? Perhaps they dont want a bunch of idiots downloading it and destroying their computer then getting all upset.
I think they really were caught by surprise by how many people wanted it.

Guess Vista really is that bad for some people.

Anyway, not a single issue (other than Chrome not working) so far, my PC has been unstable recently on Vista x64 but hasn't gone off once yet.

Core2 Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, HD3850 512MB, Abit IP35, 2x 2GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM, main HDD WD 640GB AAKS
CPU: 7.3
RAM: 5.9
Gfx: 7.9
Gfx (gaming): 6.3
HDD: 5.9

GF's are apparently getting a bit worse numbers on gaming gfx compared to radeons, some got 6.0 with 8800GTX for example
Possible explanations I can come up with would be..
- No DirectX 10.1 support
- Weren't the GFs relatively performing quite bad with geometry shaders? if the test includes GS test, it might explain that
- They might be using Vista WDDM1.0 instead of Win7 WDDM1.1 drivers

Back