Windows 7

Thats what I have been reading V3...I am also looking forward to its release. XP x64 does everything I need of it great but I would like a change :)

Fully booted up Windows 7 is using 623mb of RAM, Vista with the same startup programs was using between 1-1.2 gig of RAM.

7 is soooo much faster then Vista :D

Dont know how its going to be priced TBH, Id imagine it wil relase at the same price that Vista did and that could create a price drop for Vista.

Fully booted up Windows 7 is using 623mb of RAM, Vista with the same startup programs was using between 1-1.2 gig of RAM.

7 is soooo much faster then Vista :D
Blasphemy!!!
Are you hinting that Vista is bloated :devilish:
How dare you! Vista is best OS ever made. Ask Balmer if you don't believe me

:D :LOL:

Windows Betas are normally good, it's when they get to the RC stage that they add the serious flaws and memory hogging crap. They need to have something to tempt people to buy windows 8 after all.

Windows Betas are normally good, it's when they get to the RC stage that they add the serious flaws and memory hogging crap. They need to have something to tempt people to buy windows 8 after all.

What joke post?

All betas of OS I tested have been a lot flakier than the final RC.

UPDATE TIME!!

Been ripping loads of music, fast :D

Also like how windows defender scans files before hand..BUT.. t scans them so fast and quietly that you dont relise that there being scanned!!! I only noticed because i ticked a box which made it tell me when its scanning. Default it scans quick and quiet without you even knowing :eek:

You should see the advanced control panel, theres like twice the number of icons and settings that are in Vista :oops:

UI is very customizable ( spelling? ) The new taskbar is awesome :D

No crash/blue screen or any problems yet, in fact id go as far to say that my retail copy of Vista is more unstable then this beta build of 7 :?:

UAC seems to be less intrusive aswel, it doesn't ask you to re-confirm that you want to do a task before it lets you do it. Thats a good thing as UAC in Vista piss's me right off!! Or it could just be that its a bug and its not working as it should but if it is a bug then its a bug that i like :smile:

Might run 3DMark vantage and see if theres a difference between the scores based purely on a OS change from vista to 7

Will keep you informed

No crash/blue screen or any problems yet, in fact id go as far to say that my retail copy of Vista is more unstable then this beta build of 7 :?:
That's interesting since Vista for me is 100% stable, only crashes I've had have been overclocking or nvidia drivers related. Essentially that would mean if I had windows 7 it would never crash even with bad drivers.

Vista's fine here too for the most part. There are a few things I really don't like, but they aren't the end of the world. Folder detail view having a stupid default set of columns is probably by far the most annoying aspect for me.

I am entertained by the excitement for Windows 7. We don't know if it'll really be "better" yet folks are lining up as if it's the next coming. Yet again. It'll be yet another Windows OS out in the wild to cause compatibility headaches. Oh yay. ;)

For me explorer attempting to detect what type of files are in the folders and then when you manually set it, deciding to change it back is one of the more annoying things, along with the lack of a folder up button. Yes I know breadcrumbs are awesome but it's annoying when it all goes wrong and I end up going too far up.
Vista to me was never that bad, nor was XP compared to 2K, I have never been the type to cling to old OSes especially when I want my 400$ graphics card to have all the features enabled (dx10).

Can you compare memory taken of both Vista & 7 with a vanilla install ?
If 7 is like Vista but lighter on CPU & RAM, it might very well be the best OS from MS.
(Doesn't necessarily mean it's any better than good though ;) )

You should see the advanced control panel, theres like twice the number of icons and settings that are in Vista :oops:

Ugh. Is that a good thing?

One of my wishes for Vista would be a readily customisable control panel. There's stuff in there I don't want, worse so as I tend to use the classic view anyway (iSCSI, accessibility, phone & modem, pen/tablet input, these are the sorts of things that if you don't have very specific requirements then they're utterly irrelevant, not even rarely used).

Back