[PS3] Demon Souls

The last OT post here.

I have taken a backup, and now was going to format my HDD. Now there are two options: Quick and full. I wanted to do a full one cos the I was thinking that the frame skipping in EyeCreate recordings might be an HDD issue, But the full format for a 500Gb seems to take 30 HOURS !!!!! I live in a place where there might be a power failure without warning any time. it d oesn't happen regularly, but I can't bet on no power outages for 30 hour at all.

My question: if there is a power outage during a full format, will it Brick my HDD? or Can I format it again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... it should be no worse than giving it a brand new HDD to format when I upgraded my HDD. Should be fine I think.

In the worst case you can reformat it on a Windows or Mac so that PS3 will start from scratch again.

Hmm... it should be no worse than giving it a brand new HDD to format when I upgraded my HDD. Should be fine I think.

In the worst case you can reformat it on a Windows or Mac so that PS3 will start from scratch again.

Are u sure it won't render my HDD unreadable?
Also, if I format it on PC and put it back in,I will lose the Locked saves of Demons Souls definitely, cos PS3 locks the HDD to a hardware and if a new HDD is put in, it does not copy over protected saves. Thats what I heard and I think thats what happened when my Heavy Rain saves did not copy over last time, when I upgraded my HDD.

Hmm... you could be right. Upgrading/reformatting a HDD did render protected game saves useless. I was responding to your "bricking PS3" question.

It looks like your safest route is:
* Temporary PS+
* PS3->PS3 transfer (if you have a spare HDD, and can borrow a PS3).

I killed level 3-1 boss, I get back to the hub and now world 4 is inaccessable? Is it supposed to be like this? What happened?

Back