[PS3] Demon Souls

Two things:

(A) Zero Punctuation ridicules Demon's Souls (being his usual self):
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1321-Demons-Souls ;-)

(B) Winter Solstice event. Now I can rescue Lord Rydell:
demonssouls_faithful_pwtease_3.jpg

Hey

Been following the forums for some months but just now registrered :). People still play this alot? Im having Demon's souls abstinence and I haven't even played it, ordered it yesterday, but I doubt it will arrive this week 'cause of Christmas and the chaos the snow brought us, oh well. This game seems absolutely lovely, a refreshing breeze in todays mostly mainstream easymode games if you can call them that?

OT My PC just died :(...

Ah, another adventurer to mend the world. :)

Too bad you'll likely miss the entire White World Tendency event. You could get some cool equipments in White WT.

Can't find anywhere to edit my post...Sorry. But seems like the site i ordered from are out of stock and they don't know when they will be either, since I live in sweden it's kind of hard to comeby.

... and one more:
http://bestof.ign.com/2009/ps3/best-role-playing-game.html

Best Role-Playing Game
Demon's Souls

HIGHLIGHTS
Unabashedly challenging
Addictive character progression
Stellar atmosphere

Demon's Souls is very much a love it or hate it type of game, but those that love it find it incredibly addictive, atmospheric and even entrancing. The world is brilliantly bleak, the creature design is great and the punishing save/death system makes you respect your abilities. It's definitely one of a kind.

Are these really the same guys who developed Armored Core ?

The direct link to the Demon's Souls award video:
http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html

It explains why they love the game: An online experience that is like no other, the aesthetics and "rule-breaking" addictive gameplay.

The video is awesome because it reminds me of my first time playing the game. The GameSpot crew clearly overlook the flaws, but they are largely correct with the positives.

DS been receiving quite many awards now :) pleased to see, I hope it will live up to my expectations, can't wait till me and my bf can start playing!

You'll need 3 things:
* Patience
* Enough time to focus your attention on one game. It's not so good to play this game in short sessions.
* Willingness/ability to lock-on using R3 quickly in assorted situations.

In fact, I am wondering if Demon's Souls fans will like Heavy Rain since they both require patience. ^_^

EDIT: On hind sight, I think you might want to stay as spoiler free as possible (Probably too late >_<). One of the most refreshing experiences in the game is the anonymity of the player and the unknowns out there. You are essentially a very weak and mortal person. The feeling plays a big part at the beginning of every world.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/05/demons_souls_is_the_best/

In Japan...

Demon's Souls will join the Sony's PlayStation 3 the Best budget lineup shortly. A listing at Amazon.co.jp promises a release on February 25 with pricing set at ¥3,800.

More recently, the game has been a hot topic at gaming blogs thanks to the strong critical and fan acclaim outside of Japan.

All the strong press has apparently kept used pricing for the game up. Game Jouhou reports that used shops currently charge between ¥4,000 and ¥5,000 for the game.

Game finally was delivered yesterday, been playing a couple of hours, defeated Phalanx boss, tower knight (with some help), vanguard and the spider. I just love this game sofar, the corpse physics bug where you drag them with you was abit weird at first, but pretty easily overlooked the rest of the game is so awesome, animations are wonderful and the atmosphere and setting is immersive, I just wanna keep playing it. Though having some trouble of finding my way, not really sure where to go :)

I'm getting close to finishing my first play through. I'm like SL 62 and basically a mage. I have some nice gear due to a friend farming and getting stuff for me. I play almost exclusively co-op, so I did not really see the hard part of the game, I never died over and over, we typically breezed through levels and bosses.

Great game, I will have to play NG+ solo to get a better feel for the direness. One of the best games of 2009, I'm glad From Software did not just give us more of the same, so many games end up being clones of what sells well.

I'm glad From Software did not just give us more of the same, so many games end up being clones of what sells well.

Yes, I always thought game developers could do more than simple "mechanical" improvements to multiplayer games (party system, chat, game modes).

Demon's Souls is the first and only title that far exceeded my expectations in online gaming (It's like seeing Quaz51's calculator in LittleBigPlanet). Never thought of online gaming as a story telling element (NPC summoning players to fulfill pre-set story role, augmenting the feeling of loneliness using other online players, ...). The designer -- whoever he is -- is very perceptive/insightful. I really look forward to his next game.

I have completed the Archdemons of worlds 2,4 and 5. Currently working on 3-2 and its been frustrating if its not me falling off a cliff its those bug looking critters that break my weapon and armor somehow.

Story is pretty awesome and anyone who is into fantasy hack slash/RPG needs to play it. My initial impressions weren't that positive but as you get further you see how vast the world is and it seems each NPC says something worth listening to...the developers definitely put alot of work into this. I hope there is a sequel and Sony puts some money behind it.

I have completed the Archdemons of worlds 2,4 and 5. Currently working on 3-2 and its been frustrating if its not me falling off a cliff its those bug looking critters that break my weapon and armor somehow.

Story is pretty awesome and anyone who is into fantasy hack slash/RPG needs to play it. My initial impressions weren't that positive but as you get further you see how vast the world is and it seems each NPC says something worth listening to...the developers definitely put alot of work into this. I hope there is a sequel and Sony puts some money behind it.

edit: I released Yurt
I heard he starts to kill everyone in Nexus so I need to kill him before he does it

Equip a fast sword and chop em up before they have a chance to hit you and break your armor and weapon. uchigatana works really well on these guys

Back