New Steam survey results

Still no data for June and I can't find a way to report this error to them.

Why couldn't they just keep May figures until June data is available is beyond me.

The whole Steam survey is so FUBAR I've wondered for few years now why on earth they still keep it then.

Either give us real, comprehensive data from all active Steam users every month, or nothing at all. Don't include those who didn't use Steam for a month, don't use old data gathered who-knows-when etc. Reset the statistics to 0 every month.

Survey is up but it's confusing me. No 670? (Cant remember if 670 was included last month, I thought so). 7970 holds steady? How can any new GPU not be gaining share seems odd...7800 series doing well though.

Not sure how steam stats work.
I'd assume they only ask you to refresh when they detect a different computer is being used for a while.
(To avoid noise from temporary machines.)

Steam is regularly installed on multiple machines for the same account (I have it on 4 myself).

Last time I had heard it is suppoed to request a refresh on the anniversary of your joining date. I'm not sure that is still applicable though. Last time I was asked to submit something was for the Half Life 2 : The Lost Coast demo though!

I'm also pleased to see they are now splitting 6700 results through both individual cards and the series!

LOL. Finally got a request for an update yesterday! Shame the pop-up was on my work PC rather though.

I think my survey still says Q6600 + 3850, though I've been to 3870 and 6870 and now i5-3570K since

So Steam prompts me for a hardware survey this morning and noticed this in the results:

Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 9.17.10.2932
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1191
Driver Date: 12 Dec 2012
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

I have a Z77 with a 3570k so it has the internal GPU in the processor but of course I use the 7870 GPU. I wonder what it actually registered my GPU as in their stats and whether this bug is skewing results of their survey?

I have a similar system (Z77, i5-3550) with a GTX670. Steam shows the GPU as a GTX670. Anecdote Ho!

So Steam prompts me for a hardware survey this morning and noticed this in the results:

I have a Z77 with a 3570k so it has the internal GPU in the processor but of course I use the 7870 GPU. I wonder what it actually registered my GPU as in their stats and whether this bug is skewing results of their survey?
Are you using the integrated graphics for display? What about Virtu?

I'm not using integrated for display. Lucid Virtu is present on the board but I don't use that either. Never had any game detect anything but the AMD GPU either.

Steam handles integrated/dGPU stuff properly (they obviously are aware of this); otherwise you'd see a hell of a lot more integrated on there :)

Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll
Driver Version: 9.17.10.2932
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1191
Driver Date: 12 Dec 2012
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Do you have anything different than only the AMD driver installed? It seems you have both drivers installed... :???:

Back