New Steam survey results

Relative to what? I'm surprised it's even on there at all. It actually has a higher uptake than a lot of cards that are much cheaper.

ONLY if you just count cards installed on Vista solely. [DirectX 10 Systems (Vista with DirectX 10 GPU)] chart.

Include DX10 cards that are also sold to users that don't use Vista and pretty much everything is doing better than it. [DirectX 10 GPUs] chart.

Regards,
SB

Not sure that's such a bad thing to do. It is the most expensive card on the market by a good bit. Vast majority of buyers should be running the latest and greatest.

they were released in march as OEM's, remember? heck.. even Apple has them.

(rebranded G96/G94)

Not here. I jumped to 64bit with Vista during RTM and haven't looked back. Now I'm running Win7 RC.

I hate to say it, but XP 32bit is dead along with AGP. ;)

Anyone else staying with xp 32bit, for the forseeable future?

Yup. I use the Windows box for gaming and some scanning/image manipulation, and I've got an expensive peripheral that is happy that way. Besides, Vista doesn't do anything for me, and I can't see Windows7 being attractive until I feel compelled to go beyond 4GB of RAM on my PC box which looks a long way off. Of course, I've got other OSs in the house, just not from Microsoft.

As far as game support goes, the overwhelming majority of gamers are still running DX9 level systems, and I can't see developers turning their back on that part of the market for the forseeable future.

Go AMD!!! :) I wonder how the chart might change in October/November/December with Christmas, Windows 7 and Direct X 11 coming out? Will we see AMD take great strides in terms of market penetration?

R770 will pass 8600 next month and it looks like it will have 10%+ market share by the time R8x0 rolls in. Not a bad generation for AMD it seems.

Back