Real3d R3D/100, has anyone ever seen it?

Yea, I've got a Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro, which is Permedia 2, which should be for gamers, but I'm sure got the Diamond board got strong ties with the worstation market as well, haven't really looked at the Permedia range for some time, I kind of forgot.

@swaaye, yea I've got that Creative board too. Quite hard to find. :)

Here's what I currently have around. It's a combination of hand-me-downs from friends, cheap ebay acquisitions, and cards I've had since they were the hottest thing around.... I'm somewhat distraught over the lack of ATI R3x0 in my collection currently (gave two away over the years).

ATI Radeon LE 32MB AGP
ATI Radeon 7500 64MB AGP
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB AGP
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 AGP
ATI Radeon X800GTO2 256MB PCIe
ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB PCIe

NVIDIA NV1 (Diamond Edge 3D PCI)
NVIDIA RIVA 128 (STB Velocity 128 AGP)
NVIDIA RIVA TNT (Creative 3D Blaster TNT PCI)
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 (Diamond Viper V550 AGP)
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2-M64 (OEM AGP)
NVIDIA GeForce 2 Pro AGP
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX200 AGP
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 256MB AGP
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra AGP
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX PCIe
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX PCIe

Rendition Verite V1000 (Sierra Screamin' 3D 4MB PCI)
Rendition Verite V2100 (Diamond Stealth II S220 4MB PCI)
Rendition Verite V2200 (ref design 4MB PCI)
Rendition Verite V2200 (Hercules Thriller 3D 4MB PCI)

3Dfx Voodoo Graphics (Orchid Righteous 3D 4MB PCI)
3Dfx Voodoo Rush (Intergraph Intense 3D Voodoo PCI)
3Dfx Voodoo2 (STB Blackmagic 3D 12MB PCI)
3dfx Voodoo3 (16MB AGP & PCI)
3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP (64MB AGP)

S3 ViRGE 325 (Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 4MB PCI)
S3 ViRGE/GX (STB Nitro 3D 4MB PCI)
S3 Savage 2000 (Diamond Viper II Z200 32MB AGP)

Matrox Mystique 220 Business 4MB PCI
Matrox Millennium II 8MB PCI
Matrox Millennium G200 8MB AGP
Matrox Millennium G400 Max 32MB AGP

CL Laguna 3D (Creative Graphics Blaster 3D 4MB PCI)

[EOCF] Tim;1247866 said:
Do you happen to know the NV1 model number? It should say Diamond Edge 3D 2200 or similar in white letters.
It's a 2120 but with the 2 RAM expansion spots filled. So I guess it might as well be a 2200.

Those who whine about $600 cards today should look back in time more often!! Oh, imagine being the guy who forked out $600 for an Edge 3D!!! :oops:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_/ai_18147679
Diamond has lowered the estimated retail price on all models of the Diamond EDGE 3D by $50 and now offers a game control pad in the box. The Diamond EDGE 3D 2120XL with 1MB of DRAM and the 2200XL with 2MB of DRAM are now retailing for estimated retail prices of just $249 and $299, respectively. The Diamond EDGE 3D 3240XL with 2MB of VRAM and the 3400XL with 4MB VRAM now carry estimated retail prices of $429 and $599, respectively. The Diamond EDGE 3D 2200XL, 3240XL and 3400XL are bundled with three hot titles: Sega's Virtua Fighter Remix and Panzer Dragoon, and Papyrus' NASCAR Racing; the Diamond EDGE 3D 2120XL includes Sega's Virtua Fighter Remix and Panzer Dragoon.
Bundled with the only games to ever to be accelerated by the cards. At least to my knowledge.

Interesting stuff. The TIGA boards from the above link were the yardstick in their day. Here's a few that escaped last year's spring clean:

Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro (Permedia2)
Jaton Video Magic 128 (Tseng ET6000)
IXM TwinTurbo (Twin Turbo 128+)

I'm unable to find my Diamond Edge 3D 3400 (NV1) & Stealth S220 (V2100).

Hey no problem Ravens, I'm enjoying every post! :p :p

Those are some great cards man, I had to restrict myself to a certain era, and to only the high end, otherwise I would probably try and collect everything. ;)

That IXM TwinTurbo is interesting, missed that company, but that's probably because they were for the Mac.

Shame that theTseng Labs ET6300 was never launched, that would have been interesting. Can't believe so many companies went bust during that 2D to 3D switch over.

My ATI Fire GL 4 with IBM IBM RC1000 256-Bit 2D/3D-Rasterisation-Engine and the GT1000 geometry engine
Late reply, but just curious, was Fire GL then yet bought by ATI or was it the original (German?) company? I can't tell from the pic. I remember seeing some benches where they bested even the mighty Wildcats in some professional apps. Sure is a purty mofo you have there!

[EOCF]Tim, what have I told you about breaking into peoples houses :D

Who me?! haha :p ;) ;)

Late reply, but just curious, was Fire GL then yet bought by ATI or was it the original (German?) company? I can't tell from the pic. I remember seeing some benches where they bested even the mighty Wildcats in some professional apps. Sure is a purty mofo you have there!

Hm a quick wiki lookup said this :

Originally Fire GL was a German company specializing in 3D accelerators for professional applications, but after the IBM GT1000 + IBM RC1000 based product generation ATI bought them and launched Radeon based product lines.

I'm sure I can find much more, but I don't have the time for it right now. Seems like it was FireGL's last product.

No, but actually i don't really need it.
It's Christmas time and my pocket money (I'm still disciple) already went mostly into gifts.
The leftover will be spend on "more important" purchase like this 3Dlabs OXYGEN VX1, which has an Permedia 3 GPU. ;)
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120346902155&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

Quote:
"The Oxygen VX1 uses the GLINT R3 chip, which is basically the workstation version of Permedia 3. The two chips are almost identical. They have exactly the same functionality and performance in games (multi-texturing, bump mapping, etc). The 2D is also the same. The only differences are in Softimage, and with multi-cpu machines."

Origin: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/reviews/video/3dlabs_oxygen/

Yea very nice card, only thing that is different really is the Bios, I had been looking for the Permedia3 for a long time, no retail one ever came up, so I just bought a VX1. ;)

Back