Mystery Metal Gear game teaser from Konami

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezing

Newcomer
nextmg657.jpg

...from Konami's home page.

What does it mean? Post your interpretation.

Here's what I got so far:

Side note: The exclamation mark, what does it mean? Exclamation mark has many meanings depending on language and time in history (too many meanings to post here). Also, It is used in Metal Gear as an alert for when the player has been spotted by enemy AI.

It's pretty obvious that the equality of the equation refers to "power". Beyond that, I have not a clue as to what kind of power.

The color "green". My interpretation of the color green is "Go" as in "given the green light".

First Interpretation: i (me) + ! (opposite of me, you) = power

Second: i (opposite of the second symbol "!") + ! = power

Third: i (me) + ! (exclamation mark) = power

What do you think?

I don't think anyone but MS would break that news (and not via a website). This is just a tease I bet.

I just hope if they are announcing something that it's actually a new game and not some spin off (PSP title or MGS4 on 360, etc..). I really hope it's something about MGS5.

in regards to the power symbol, the 360 does not have the exclamation within, nor does the ps3...but it may just be a play on the use of "!"...otherwise the 360 and ps3 both have the symbol but the 360 is green and the ps3 doesnt light up

and there is no mention of "solid"

i also agree that MS would likely announce this if it were related to them

my guess is that it may be another AC!D

Last edited by a moderator:
Original Poster

in regards to the power symbol, the 360 does not have the exclamation within, nor does the ps3...but it may just be a play on the use of "!"...otherwise the 360 and ps3 both have the symbol but the 360 is green and the ps3 doesnt light up

and there is no mention of "solid"

i also agree that MS would likely announce this if it were related to them

my guess is that it may be another AC!D

Yea, looking over it again... That may not be a power symbol at all as it looks like it does tie in with the exclamation. Another Metal Gear Acid makes sense.

I assume a Metal Gear game is coming to the Xbox. I think it's fiscally irresponsible for Konami to not bring a Metal Gear game to the 360. The software attachment ratio and install base are just too juicy to ignore.

My guess. i=ps3, !=xbox360 equals to metal gear online for xbox360. online play will be compatible between both platforms hence game is ON!

I assume a Metal Gear game is coming to the Xbox. I think it's fiscally irresponsible for Konami to not bring a Metal Gear game to the 360. The software attachment ratio and install base are just too juicy to ignore.

You can say that about every 3rd party exclusive, even more true when it's a cross-platform engine like Gears of War.

Any guesses on when they're going to reveal what this is? CES? (a bit too hardware centric, but games-related reveals have been done before)

I get i(pod) + metal gear (! is almost synonomous) = on (a go, proceeding) OR its an X360 port of MGS4 and i is an inverted ! and its a wierd representation of 360 degrees. Either seems plausible.

I personally don't want to see effort wasted on porting a game which most people who want have played. Get started on MGS5 and develop the X360 version alongside if need be.

Or make a mecha game with
the frankly awesome mech-battle engine that was used for Rex vs. Ray - gorgeous and way more fun than any Gundam game I've ever played
Any guesses on when they're going to reveal what this is? CES? (a bit too hardware centric, but games-related reveals have been done before)
Probably Famitsu in this weeks issue or next is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back