Midway sold for $100,000.

Why would you want to buy something like Midway? Its heavily in debt, high risk, and not enough potential return to justify it.
Well i guess we could hype the company up and then maybe manage to sell it for a decent profit.

But there are better and easier ways of making money. Right now a strattle strategy on a index is allmost guaranteed to earn you money.

I'm just joking about how worthless this company really is. I mean seriously, I bet we honestly could get all members of this forum to chip in and buy them, but that doesn't mean we want to buy them.

Apparently this change of ownership created some sort of chain reaction that may make Midway have to pay off about $240 million of debt by April. I don't think any one company has IP's worth that much.

I like the deal for both parties. NA must get debt off of their books NOW. The PI presumably can pay off the debt and will likely get into the cheap downloadables business. If I am given the option to download NBA Jam HD (for ex.) for 5-10 bucks I'll do it.

Apparently this change of ownership created some sort of chain reaction that may make Midway have to pay off about $240 million of debt by April. I don't think any one company has IP's worth that much.

The GTA IP is worth a lot more than that, in the case of midway however most of what they have is probably rather worthless.

Midways problem was people who were greenlighting projects. I'm sure there was a lot of Staff at Midway who had talent, vision, and great ideas. None of those probably came to light because of the individuals making poor choices.

Back