[PS3] Uncharted 2

Well the last time we heard it was 2.5 million...but that was from what a dog had been told a while before, and the interview had been held back for a few weeks. So def good to hear from Sony that they've now sold 3.5 million!

On a budget of just over 20 million, that's quite a profit! Plus DLC sales to come :)

Yeah, outselling the first game is a good thing, especially considering that they're still not on half price yet. Well deserved and I'm happy to see ND getting the financial success on top of the critical one. Maybe they can gear up to one new release per year ;)

UC2 is a way better game then the original is by far.Im glad the game has sold 3.5m copies and ND deserves the great success.Now, instead of making UC3, they should be busy working on Jak & Dakter 4..If I were ND, I'd make UC3 for the next Playstation console... :D

Doesn't ND release Resistance every other year?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of Insomniac which does Resistance and Ratchet and Clank.

But those games don't seem to sell that well.

Can ND use the technology to create a second game? Different characters but then again, so much work goes into details that maybe you wouldn't want them spread thin.

UC2 is a way better game then the original is by far.Im glad the game has sold 3.5m copies and ND deserves the great success.Now, instead of making UC3, they should be busy working on Jak & Dakter 4..If I were ND, I'd make UC3 for the next Playstation console... :D

UC3 will clearly be next. They will want to build on this success with a sequel. Would be suicide waiting 4 or more years to release the next Uncharted.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of Insomniac which does Resistance and Ratchet and Clank.

But those games don't seem to sell that well.

I believe Resistance 1, 2 and Ratchet & Clank: ToD made Platinum. R1 was bundled with PS3 as a launch title, and already sold more than 2 millions in 2007. R&C:ToD initially sold a few thousand units fewer than its predecessors when launched. R&C:ACiT (the latest) is the fastest selling title in the series.

What Insomniac did not keep is positive R2 buzz among old fans. I can see people waiting for R3 though. The R&C series is exceptional; one of my son's favorites.

Can ND use the technology to create a second game? Different characters but then again, so much work goes into details that maybe you wouldn't want them spread thin.

They have already released a DLC with KillZone 2, Resistance and inFamous skins.

What have they changed? The only thing I know is the sniper is gimped and next to pointless now with only 6 shots no matter what. Maybe it was overpowered for MP, but ND have destroyed that weapon in coop. :(

I'd rather take a single shot Sniper rifle with reloading required after every shot, as in Gears of War over a gimped sniper rifle or an overpowered sniper rifle...as they both seem to have balancing issues [one's overpowered & other's underpowered]

MAG's more powerful sniper rifle has strong recoil, so you won't be able to snipe someone continuously. Their magazine size is smaller too. Attachments like the bipod and foregrip help to stablize the rifle but in general the firing is still controlled. It works pretty well.

I've a question - when are they going to patch the multiplayer so I don't waste 40 minutes of an evening trying to party up with friends?! Last night was a classic example. Met up fine. Agreed to download the map pack. Rejoined and I couldn't hear him but he could hear me. Restarted PS3s, and I couldn't join him. Couldn't invite him. Couldn't be invited. More resets. Then he appears in the U2 list as playing single player when he's actually in the lobby. And finally playing a different game to U2, when he's still in the lobby! We've had issues like these too many times.

Some days it just craps out, which is a bitter disappointment. :(

EditL Actually he described some network faults, so it's more likely his connection. So what exactly are Naughty Dog doing to address Virgin Media's shoddy broadband?! :p

Is vigin media not considered a good provider? I recently upgraded to 50Mb and have been very impressed, my download speed hasnt dropped below a constant 5.9MB/s. No issues with online play on PSN either. Heard a few complaints about VM/NTL in the past but could never see why.

In this case his download can be erratic. And it's his connection that seems to bust up U2 - I have no problems online otherwise.

Back