[PS3] Uncharted 2

WoW ! Their engine can really crunch polygons !! I think I won't be able to buy anything after seeing KZ2 and this , every other game looks pale now !

Looks good. What sticks out for me is the band of shadow that pops in under the top red part of the mailbox when the character moves closer.

Looks good. What sticks out for me is the band of shadow that pops in under the top red part of the mailbox when the character moves closer.

Yeah ! That bothers me too with the new bunch of games. Highres shadows start too close to the players view. Even with AC and a PC game like Stalker:CS, with the lighting and shadow distance highest I have to see shadows appearing right in front of me :( . Frontlines on X360 had this problem too close too.

Just saw the newer build footage too and WOW, the game looked drop dead gorgeous. It's the same level from that leaked November build but with improvements such as object based motion blur, better lighting from explosions and all those flags hanging above were waving now. I might be missing out on some other things but I sure love what I just saw. Bring on the E3 I say:)
What are you talking about, there's no OB motion blur in this video.

I also see they still use a horrible animation system, jumpy as hell and floaty characters. Lots of pop-in and jaggies as well.

Very dissappointing.

I find it ironic that you are "lolling" at his comment when the words "very disappointing" and its visuals dont seem to match at all. Even if it's not the best looking game ever.

I am trying to figure out what is your aim

I find it ironic that you are "lolling" at his comment when the words "very disappointing" and its visuals dont seem to match at all. Even if it's not the best looking game ever.
It is very dissappointing considering the praise it gets. Specially when it doesn't even improve on problems found in the first, most notably animation. There's nothing in the footage that suggest being the best ever at anything.

I am trying to figure out what is your aim
My aim is to express my opinion. Any problem with that?

It is very dissappointing considering the praise it gets. Specially when it doesn't even improve on problems found in the first, most notably animation. There's nothing in the footage that suggest being the best ever at anything.

My aim is to express my opinion. Any problem with that?

Are you trying to tell us that it is factually disappointing when almost everyone (if not everyone) believes it looks great?

Or that you are disappointed at a personal level?

Since you are trying to state a very personal opinion and expect others to not have a problem with it then why dont you respect RenegadeRocks' opinion as well?

Specially when it doesn't even improve on problems found in the first, most notably animation. There's nothing in the footage that suggest being the best ever at anything.

you just spit at things you don't begin to understand.Typical.

Are you trying to tell us that it is factually disappointing when almost everyone (if not everyone) believes it looks great?
I don't care what everybody else thinks. I have my own opinions. And of course, I didn't say that it looked bad or anything like that, in fact I think it looks very good, but I noticed those "defects" that seems everyone either not notices or ignores, and then decided to comment on them.

Or that you are disappointed at a personal level?
I don't understand this question, how can I be disappointed in any other way than on a personal level?

Since you are trying to state a very personal opinion and expect others to not have a problem with it then why dont you respect RenegadeRocks' opinion as well?

First, all those "best graphics ever" posts are very personal opinions as well. Just because a lot of people have the same or very similar opinions doesn't make them any more valid or more truthful than others. And where do you get that I don't expect people to disagree with me? I know people are gonna disagree with me, this is after all a discussion forum, isn't it? Seems to me that it's you who thinks that it's impossible for other people to have different opinions than yours unless they have some sort of agenda to push.

Now, RR's reflex-like response of "even with all those defects it still is the best ever" without any effort to refute what I said is funny to me. Hence the ":LOL:"

Now, insinuating that I have ulterior motives for posting my opinions just because they disagree with others is not very respectul, you know? So before you go lecturing people about their posting habits how about you take a look at yours first, ok? ;)

you just spit at things you don't begin to understand.Typical.
Another :LOL: worthy post.

Nice !

The animations and direction during cutscenes continues to be less than stellar, but other than that it looks very very good. There seems to be quite a bit of variety in the actual gunfights and melee, though some of the stealth moves seem a bit overdone (but who cares ^_^).

Back