[PS3] Uncharted 2

Wow the video looks very impressive! Can't wait to get my hands on that. Why are we talking about this in Uncharted 1 thread though?

I attended the session this morning, and the gameplay footage was without a doubt, phenomenal. There were a few things here and there with the camera, and A.I. that need polish, but most companies would ship it at the current state and still have a hit on their hands. I can't wait to see the final product in November(?).

Under NDA? If not...tell us more :D

I can't tell whether they've got rid of the sliding before Drake moves...because I know it's something they're going to fix.

Awe*fuckin*some ! :D
The water now drips from his clothes when he comes out ! Animations have gone super sweet ! Completely cool new traversal !Now this is a develpoer with a head brimming with ideas! They didn't have to outdo anybody, but they just outdid themselves!:cool: Clap Clap Clap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Naught Dog has stated this footage is from an early December build.

Wow the video looks very impressive! Can't wait to get my hands on that. Why are we talking about this in Uncharted 1 thread though?

Someone needs to create an official Among Thieves thread.

I'm a bit dissapointed that the water tech they were building for Uncharted 1 (but they didn't have time to include it) is still not present in that leaked vid. I hope they include it sooner or later because it looked great.

original.jpg

Just to bring the discussion of UC2 in the appropriate thread.

I think the water tech they had completed while making UC but couldn't include in the first game will BE there in this one, they might not have everything up for this demo .
Also, one of the previews had mentioned SSAO everywhere but I don't see any :(

Well, the animations are excellent (in typical ND fashion).

You can't really make out anything else from that crap video though.

Did you watch the HD 150MB version?
I did, and the textures and shadow resolutions are as impressive as ever.
Framerate seems reasonable too, with the expected tearing issues.
Probably the standout element of it though are the animations. Not just the primary animations, some of the more subtle movements are just as impressive.

Did you watch the HD 150MB version?
I did, and the textures and shadow resolutions are as impressive as ever.
Framerate seems reasonable too, with the expected tearing issues.
Probably the standout element of it though are the animations. Not just the primary animations, some of the more subtle movements are just as impressive.

No, I thought there was just offscreen leaked footage, nothing official as yet.

Where and when was the preview ? The leaked footage is supposed to be a December build.
I remember that preview too, it said something about a new occlusion tech used in the engine which improves all the shadows etc. Also in mentioning of improved lighting effects and others. It's from of the earlier preview after it's first showcase on GT.

Back