[PS3] Uncharted 2

His hand looks scarred in that closeup pic, so I'm guessing he crash landed in that snowy environment and stumbled onto that artifact while wandering around.

Could be,I was actually thinking more like the beginning stages of frostbite. Either way it looks like he didn't intend to be there like that. Even in a small plane he would have likely already been dressed more suitably for cold weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to it...my major complaint with the first was that every puzzle was solved in the book or required very little thought, i hope they changed this

Wow, I got excited... Seems that they are improving and adding all the right stuff. I felt the first one was too light on puzzles, adventure and good plot. I experienced uncharted as a really pretty action shooter, not the tombriderish/indiana jones like adventure game I was expecting. Also replay value was quite low to me as I would have wanted to do alternating routes/solutions, not just kill everybody in a different way. Could be 10+ game if they can balance the action/adventure/stealth in a good way.

It's good to see naughty dog taking their time to make the game and not bringing out new version every year with slightly upgraded content.

The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story.

Whooohoooo! I have been waiting for a long long time now :cool: !
Go Drake ! Kick some frozen ass :D! (Look at that snow on his pants ! )

@Ostepop: One teaser and you are complaining already! Seriously:LOL: !

Add me to the list looking forward to this one. Played through the first one and it was a good time. I don't always play through all games to completion, but this was one of them.

I personally love the gears aspect, and I would love if they added some better/more puzzles.

Has it been confirmed as real-time? The shadows seem Uncharted 1 cutscene quality... hmmm.

Well, they did say they were gonna try to improve the second game's in-game graphics to the level of the first game's cutscenes. :D

Has it been confirmed as real-time? The shadows seem Uncharted 1 cutscene quality... hmmm.

Well, they did say they were gonna try to improve the second game's in-game graphics to the level of the first game's cutscenes. :D

The first ones cutscenes were only recorded to video so they could stream in the background apparently.

Shadows were the same in cutscenes and gameplay of Uncharted.

Did they say that? Because the first games cutscenes ARE the first games ingame graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadows were the same in cutscenes and gameplay of Uncharted.

Did they say that? Because the first games cutscenes ARE the first games ingame graphics.

At least shadow resolution is higher in the cutscenes. It's really really noticeable. Of course, the engine is exactly the same, it's just some settings that were amped up.

At least shadow resolution is higher in the cutscenes. It's really really noticeable. Of course, the engine is exactly the same, it's just some settings that were amped up.

Yes I found that very noticable to, smoothness and resolution.

I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to discuss whether it's realtime or not, since it's almost certainly not gameplay footage. Drake's Fortune didn't have a terrible lot of realtime cutscenes to compare against.

Back