Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Congrats to Button and Brawn GP. He did really well early in the season that everyone have to play catch up and when the going get tough for him, he managed to scrape a few points here and there.

The Kimi and Kovi fuel rig incident was scary, but glad everyone are alright. I didn't get to see a good angle replay of the incident but did the lollypop man released him too early or did he just went ?

The Barrichello and Hamilton incident, was really just racing incident, Barrichello nudged Kimi early in the season with no penalty, this contact was even lighter compare to that. But Button was going to win WDC either way, the safety car in the beginning pretty much screw up Barrichello race.

Too bad it didn't rain, it would be an icing on the cake for all the stuff that went on in the race.

Congrats to Button and Brawn GP. He did really well early in the season that everyone have to play catch up and when the going get tough for him, he managed to scrape a few points here and there.
TBH while he did quite fine, it wasn't all thanks to himself. Mark my words - Button be similar champion as Hill or to some extent Villeneuve, when he has overpowered car and team tactics favor him, he's good, but that's it. Give something less than overpowered and tactics that don't favor him over the team mate he's average at best.
Just look at the results after the 7 first races, when others started catching up and Barrichello whined over tactics and whatnot; Button has managed to score only 6th most points (28), being beaten by Webber (34), Barrichello (37), Räikkönen (39), Hamilton (40), and Vettel (45)
The Kimi and Kovi fuel rig incident was scary, but glad everyone are alright. I didn't get to see a good angle replay of the incident but did the lollypop man released him too early or did he just went ?
Lollipop-guy released him way too early.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79622

I can't believe Trulli is still at this. Even after the stewards deemed tha accident a racing issue and him being fined for his behaviour, he's still having a go at Situl. I'm personally having trouble finding any sympathy here, give that he was on the outside and Situal was quite likely not even aware he was there.

Can't really fault Sutil to be honest. Taken another look at the replay and I'd agree it's just a racing incident.

I thought the Kobayashi/Nakajima incident was worse.

The only one I can remember was one race (Spain, was it?) where Ruben's was annoyed at Button supposedly having a better strategy - but the team pointed out to him that he simply wasn't putting the lap times in that he should and could have been doing.

Button drove well today, he had some really great overtakes. Congrats, JB and Brawn.

Webber won his second race, very well done, Hamilton and Barrichello was a race incident, Sutil took his line while Trulli is crazy. Kobayashi drove well for a rookie, though he did weave a bit too much when defending.

Kimi driving into the fuel was scary, glad he's OK, hope there won't be anything worse than red eyes.

Kubica came out of nowhere, that was a big surprise. Very sad to see Alonso out in the first lap.

A good race, but I can't wait to see all the crashing in the pitlane tunnel exit (or entry?) at Abu Dhabi. That construction looks crazy.

Honda needs to get a present from Brawn, they paid for this year.

Honda > BMW, btw.

I don't understand why Barrichello suddenly went off pace yesterday. Was something wrong with his car or something? He came right behind a BMW!!! Kubica wasnt even doing that good to be honest.

I don't understand why Barrichello suddenly went off pace yesterday. Was something wrong with his car or something? He came right behind a BMW!!! Kubica wasnt even doing that good to be honest.

At least in the end he had to pit one extra time due Hamiltons car puncturing his tyre, not sure if he lost pace before that

He hit traffic right after his first pit-stop and just couldn't make up ground.

Strangely, Barrichello at one point after his first pitstop asked his crew why he wasn't going quicker. The reply was that he was within the (fuel load corrected) times. In hinsight, he did kind of lose pace after his first pit stop....

In the end it probably wouldn't have mattered, as Button got his much needed 5th position anyway.

I think Heidfeld is the harder working driver of the two. He's also proven to be an excellent in helping with development and puts in good effort. I'd rate him about as good as Kovaleinen and would be a good number 2 to Hamilton. He's also been quite consistent too.

On raw performance and talent, I'd give the nod to Kimi of course. Kimi's motivation problems even at a team like Ferrari is not really helping him though.

Kimi without a doubt. It is no contest, F1 is all about results and Nick hasn't achieved anything in F1 yet, and he's been there one year longer than Kimi and Kimi has beaten Nick in every season except in 2001 when they were in Sauber together and it was Kimi's rookie season.

Back