Formula 1 - 2009 Season

I explained where you fell away.

Anyway, I have not called you baised (you have me), I, like many others like Lewis Hamilton and also like many others I wish his dad would f*#k off.

I don't dislike Alonso, infact when he was fighting with Schumacher I was rooting for him to win, but he's is a complete and utter dickhead and I lost every last ounce of respect and admiration of him during his petty moaning season at Mclaren.

I can say positive things about Alonso, but to be perfectly frank the sycophantic love for him displayed in this thread makes that extremely unlikely as my time will be better spent discussing the things you would clearly like everyone to forget.

For the record, Hamilton is not my favourite driver and he never has been, Kimi is, even now when he's absolutely rubbish.

Who knows maybe now we've attempted to clear the situation up this can be avoided in the future.
So what if I am biased, you trying to imply your aren't?
Bias-city.

Everyone wants to forget what Alonso did in 2007 at McLaren. Everyone wants to forget what Michael Schumacher did at Monaco 2006, or at Adelaide 1994, or at Jerez 1997. Or what Hamilton did at Spa 2008 etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, even if he will have to pit on the second lap (if he makes it round)

:)

Fisi (648) wasn't as light as Barrichello in 4th (644.5) who will be running almost 50kg lighter than Button in 14th. Trulli had the best weight adjusted performance.

Anyone know how many extra laps 50kg gets you at Spa?

I always think the fuel adjusted grid thing is a bit moot. Unlike what the BBC says it still doesnt give you a better view of race positions. I mean what is the point of a adjusted second place for lets say Vettel if chances are that he might get stick behind lets say Raikonnen.

Fisi: "Hire me, Ferrari! HIRE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Luca is going bye-bye.

Seems like the trick of running the medium compound for, what, three hot laps in a row was something McLaren, Renault and half of Brawn didn't know how to do.

Toyota are weird. How did they get up there? The times in these sessions for almost all the cars are sensational, 2 seconds faster than the fastest times last year. Can you say lap record tomorrow?

Is Button over-thinking his setup? Is Barrichello just better now?

This race is shaping up to be interesting.

Again: look at the results over the last few years, it speaks for itself.

As for him as a person, remember the stolen Ferrari CD and his tireless denial of any knowledge about that? That alone was enough to throw him out of the sport once and for all. IMO.
Crappy car, he put it on pole a few times and won a few times.

Everyone denies something like that until they are face-to-face with incontrovertible proof. Alonso was an asshole at McLaren in 2007, but it was desperation and not his true character I think. He's grown from that, as have Hamilton. Schumacher didn't grow from such things, he wanted to punch Coulthard, he ran people off the road several times, he blocked qualifying in Monaco 2006, he had contracts and team orders that fucked Barrichello over and he is the most successful driver in F1 ever. Maybe Michael didn't need to grow, he just needed to win and fuck anyone else, even the spectators (Austria 2002). Michael Schumacher and Jean Todt was a marriage born in hell if you look at the sporting aspect.

Meh, sorry about the rant. I just don't like Jean Todt very much.

He was right he wanted to punch coulthard. You expect people to drive as fast as possible, especially in the rain when you cant see shit and pretty much gamble that the guy in front of you is doing the same as you. Well coulthard obviously went round like a old lady and that is just dangerous. And Senna drove people off the road too, but he has godlike status just because he died in a crash. And Barichello should just shut up. If he really was that fast he should have left Ferrari and go race somewhere else. Instead he opted with being second and fill his pockets. He showed his worth when he left Ferrari. Besides he continued the same whining he did at Ferrari at Brawn.

He was right he wanted to punch coulthard. You expect people to drive as fast as possible, especially in the rain when you cant see shit and pretty much gamble that the guy in front of you is doing the same as you. Well coulthard obviously went round like a old lady and that is just dangerous. And Senna drove people off the road too, but he has godlike status just because he died in a crash. And Barichello should just shut up. If he really was that fast he should have left Ferrari and go race somewhere else. Instead he opted with being second and fill his pockets. He showed his worth when he left Ferrari. Besides he continued the same whining he did at Ferrari at Brawn.

Actually it was proven with telemetrics that Coulthard didn't slow down when/before Schumacher hit him, he was just a lot slower all the time

Incredible start & first lap from Räikkönen, and easy pass from Fisi as soon as safety car went off.

Button can wave his dreams of championship win goodbye, it's Barrichello or one of the Red Bulls this season for sure

Great race, Kimi won once again, showing on this ultimate 'drivers track' who's the man who can really turn that wheel when the car works! :cool:

I'm sorry but I think all credit should go to Fisi. If it wasnt for the safety car I dont think Raikonnen would have been able to pass Fisi. Fisi was in front and when he was behind raikonnen he was just a bit faster all the time but just not that bit faster enough to pass the Ferrari with the KERS. So great race by Kimi but much greater by Fisi and his Force India.

Yeah, Fisi drove great race, but I have no doubt Kimi would have passed Fisichella on the 2nd lap if safety car hadn't come out, he was so close anyway and KERS in the Eau Rouge does the trick.

And "won once again" meant of course Spa, 4th win for Kimi there

Wow, that was some race.

Fisi was genuinely quick. Congrats, Force India. First points ever and 8 of them to boot.

Kimi has now won 4 of the 5 last Belgian Grands Prix. Mr. Spa.

Did Vettel set the new lap record?

I'm glad those stupid wheel fairings will disappear next year. Alonso could have been on the podium with his strategy, but that collision on the first lap damaged something on the wheel and the fairing didn't go on properly or whatever. Apparently, this is the damage Alonso's car sustained after the first lap incident with Rosberg or Sutil (or both?).

POS, good riddance.

Anyway, if Fisico goes to Ferrari, Tonio Liuzzi should be driving the other Force India at Monza. Does Luca Badoer regret saying yes to drive for Ferrari? He finished his "test" at Valencia and now he's had his race and it wasn't good enough.

Edit: What's this? Brazilian TV station Globo is claiming that Piquet Jr. was ordered to crash by Renault in Singapore 2008 so that Alonso could win. FIA is going to investigate these claims.

So was Piquet Jr. offered a 2009 contract if he crashed? If so, Briatore is officially insane. Pat Symonds and Bob Bell must grinding their teeth.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/oh-dear-here-comes-trouble/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/fia-confirms-investigation/
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/08/fia-to-probe-claims-against-renaults-singapore-victory/

I'm glad those stupid wheel fairings will disappear next year. Alonso could have been on the podium with his strategy, but that collision on the first lap damaged something on the wheel and the fairing didn't go on properly or whatever.

POS, good riddance.
Actually the wheel-hit-thing happened apparently just on the lap before pits, just wasn't shown in more than 1 replay or something
Edit: What's this? Brazilian TV station Globo is claiming that Piquet Jr. was ordered to crash by Renault in Singapore 2008 so that Alonso could win. FIA is going to investigate these claims.

So was Piquet Jr. offered a 2009 contract if he crashed? If so, Briatore is officially insane. Pat Symonds and Bob Bell must grinding their teeth.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/oh-dear-here-comes-trouble/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/08/30/fia-confirms-investigation/
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/08/fia-to-probe-claims-against-renaults-singapore-victory/
That's the rumor, quite a scandal, Kimi is soon the only champion out there with "clean track record"? :D

Actually the wheel-hit-thing happened apparently just on the lap before pits, just wasn't shown in more than 1 replay or something
No, that happened after La Source on the first lap. The replay was much later but it was a response to why the mechanic was having trouble with the wheel.

That's the rumor, quite a scandal, Kimi is soon the only champion out there with "clean track record"? :D
Well, not quite. He pushed a photographer to the ground at the 2008 race at Silverstone.

Anyway, regarding the Piquet ordered to crash allegation, I hope it is not true. Piquet made many mistakes and I hope this was one of them.

Back