Formula 1 - 2009 Season

Awful performance from BMW. I can't believe they spent all last season for this much of performance this season.

Well they did pretty good before? Maybe this circuit just doesnt suit them/the car? That certainly seems to be the case for Kubica who's been complaining about just about everything on the car for the whole weekend.

It seems to be the case that the teams who developed the 2008 car a long time are the ones lagging behind. If you look at the results basically the teams who could start early are now up front. Than again, I believed on the BBC they said that in Q2 the first 12 cars or so were all within 0.5 seconds so atleast when running light everything seems to be very close.

It's looking good for the race tomorrow but it doesn't look good for KERS.

BMW started 2009 development early I think after Canada. I reckon they should have focused on 2008 because Kubica was awesome until then.

I totally agree infinity4 and I've said so earlier. If this year's car turns out to be less of a challenger than the 2008 one (and it's looking like it at the moment), they totally screwed the pooch last year.

Unless it leaps Hamiton up the grid at the start!
It's apparently less effective here than in Malaysia, 4 metres vs. 12 metres at the start.

Of course anything can happen, but he'll be compromised in braking and balance.

BMW started 2009 development early I think after Canada. I reckon they should have focused on 2008 because Kubica was awesome until then.

He was. But lets be honest, did he ever really had a chance of beating the Ferrari's or Mclarens? They benefitted from other people's errors but head to head they would have lost out in most cases.

I totally agree infinity4 and I've said so earlier. If this year's car turns out to be less of a challenger than the 2008 one (and it's looking like it at the moment), they totally screwed the pooch last year.

Cars are totally new this year so I dont think that is fair. Some teams got it right, others didnt. BMW is one who didnt just as all the other top teams from the last few years.

Doesn't matter, it's a wasted effort. F1 is all about relative performance. Renault are coming back to the kind of performance they showed at the end of last year, BMW are at the same place as they were at the end of last year.

It's apparently less effective here than in Malaysia, 4 metres vs. 12 metres at the start.

Of course anything can happen, but he'll be compromised in braking and balance.
Well, from Row 4 there is more room to use it. Though I suspect he'll be using it to try and make sure his fuel laden car just doesn't lose too many places at the start!

It wasnt that wet at all. We've seen plenty of races in the past that had alot more rain. Pretty much only one corner that was wet enough to really case problems for some drivers.

I wonder how well Kovalainen would have done if the team hadn't screwed him up once again (he had 18 kilos more fuel than Hamilton at start, yet was still pulled to pits right after hamilton for no apparent reason (except the obvious, he would have passed Hamilton already then))
And no, this isn't some conspiracytheorist crap, Heikki was wondering it himself in MTV3 interview

Yeah, a very nice F1 power boat race

It's not a power boat race as in Sepang.. Although I must say that Hamilton is way to aggressive, especially when there's a clear track in front of him.

To bad for Alonso though... the rain really ruins his chance of having good result at the race...

Otoh, Red Bull really benefited from the rain, since it's obvious that their car worked very well in the rain... Brawn is looking good though, probably it's because the lack of testing that they can't go as fast as the Red Bulls in the rain.

I'm hoping that at Bahrain it will be a normal racing... We've already have 3 races and none of them are 'normal'. They were surprised by the super soft at the first one, the second one doesn't last half the race, the third one is raining continuously... Although I must admit that the first 3 races are really entertaining.

Isn't Red Bull Racing an Austrian team? Why did they play the British national anthem for the winning constructor?

Anyway, the race was thrilling. A lot of incidences and Red Bull trounced Brawn. Alonso was undone by the safety car. BMW are in the shit with Ferrari now, and BMW are horny for Toyota. :)

Isn't Red Bull Racing an Austrian team? Why did they play the British national anthem for the winning constructor?

It used to be the Jaguar team. Plus, all of their facilities are in Britain. Maybe that's why they still play it, even though their license is Austrian.

Back