The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

playing the Metal Gear Rising demo (360 version)

..... : /

It's the exact same demo found on the Zone Of The Enders bundle. It kinda lacks a bit from Bayonetta's polished visuals. ....not to mention where are the real time cutscenes? I hope it doesn't turn out to be all like this in the final cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bayonetta used a lot of pre recorded cutscenes too. And I think this game looks quite a bit better than Bayonetta, preference due to art style is another thing however.

Bayonetta used a lot of pre recorded cutscenes too. And I think this game looks quite a bit better than Bayonetta, preference due to art style is another thing however.

I guess you could say it's still too early to say for or against Rising. i did not play the whole game so. but for bayonetta. I counted a few out of the whole game that wasn't real time.
past events being most of them. the bayonetta ending dance wasn't. and when bayonetta goes to space leaving luka behind.

The filmstrip cutscenes that show Bayonetta (current) are real time in which you can see them change with different outfits.

however, going by just this demo, it doesn't look too good.

Edit-
Performance is not the issue with the demo, it runs incredibly fast. but some thing feels a little empty about the demo. needs more stuff going on in these environments.

Probable double buffering for Titanfall XB1 (screen tearing):

Titanfall_eurogamer_screen_tearing_cropped.png

Image taken directly from the high quality latest Eurogamer XB1 Titanfall video.

Didn't take long to find screen tearing. In some heavy scenes it's really abundant and quite noticeable.

I watched Eurogamer's 1.51 GB "Fracture" download for about the first minute and a half and didn't see any tearing.

In the "Angel city" video they appear once you are in your Titan or surrounded by Titan(s), from around 3mn in the video. (I didn't download "Fracture").

Apparently the more Titans around you, the more screen tearing is shown.

At the beginning of the video (roughly the first 3mn) there are no Titans in the map.

But anyway I found the image quality quite good, textures have been improved since the Alpha and the MSAA (even 2xMSAA) gives as usual a sharp image without any nasty blurring artifacts. Well except for the sharpening filter but they said they will get rid of it (like BF4).

So compared to COD on XB1 people will be happy I think about the image quality: 2xMSAA + clean upscaler >>> FXAA + sharpening filter

I still don't think we've seen any XO footage until the press event last week.

Did anyone seriously think that any of the previously released 1080p60fps (locked) 4xMSAA footage of Titanfall was running on a XB1?

From the eurogamer article:

showing clearly the devastating effects of double-buffer v-sync when frame rendering runs over the ultra-tight 16.67ms budget
A very long and purposefully complicated sentence to describe a simple thing: screen tearing each time the game has framerate drops.

one close-up of a Titan descending to just 40fps
And apparently the drops hit their lowest in the presence of Titans.

Exactly what I had already noticed in (one of) the latest Titanfall Eurogamer Video. :yep2:

Yup. Can't deny the tearing... DF's framerate analysis should be coming soon I think. Takes time to do.

Back