The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

Maybe it came in time other things were also getting DF's attention.And honestly,enough with that "bias" crap,PS3 exclusives got biggest and the best attention when it comes to tech talks on DF.

No surprise; seeing as the PS3 has more exclusives. Plus they are often regarded as technological masterpieces. Or "clever art/ more development time/ not open world"*, depending on your choice of console :cool:

(* this is meant sarcastically)

A lot of the 360 console exclusives like alan wake, or splinter cell were not that great of a technological showcase, so my guess is that they don't want to focus on those, and instead, focus on what the 360 does best; multi platform games that use the 360 as the development platform without optimizing for other consoles.

My guess is infamous 2 does around +40 fps, with some drops during street filling smoke and explosions. PS360 often did exclusive framerate analysis, maybe he did infamous 2 as well?

No surprise; seeing as the PS3 has more exclusives. Plus they are often regarded as technological masterpieces. Or "clever art/ more development time/ not open world"*, depending on your choice of console :cool:

(* this is meant sarcastically)

A lot of the 360 console exclusives like alan wake, or splinter cell were not that great of a technological showcase, so my guess is that they don't want to focus on those, and instead, focus on what the 360 does best; multi platform games that use the 360 as the development platform without optimizing for other consoles.

My guess is infamous 2 does around +40 fps, with some drops during street filling smoke and explosions. PS360 often did exclusive framerate analysis, maybe he did infamous 2 as well?
If anything,most of big multiplats in todays day and age are not ports,you have a lead platform that is now in alot cases PS3,and than you do the same thing on 360(BF3 for example).You don't do whole game on one SKU and than port it as quickly as possible on the other.

DF does most multiplat comparison not to make PS3 bad,but because there is much more multiplats than exclusives,and its worth a read for people who are deciding which version to buy,thats why the site was started in the first place.Telling you how good your exclusive looks is not as important,and Grandmaster definitely didn't "hide" 360 exclusive articles because there were few of those(including Alan Wake).

About that PS360 frame rate thing...I dunno,maybe he is the part of that anti PS3 conspiracy too.

Last edited by a moderator:
djskribbles said:
I bet the retail version will be much better.

I agree. Just going by the massive amount of things they fixed in the game server-side in the beta and from their blog posts I'm very optimistic for the quality of the final BF3. Also I would expect any other bothers to be patched out soon going by the support they provided on BC2.

Back