The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

Grandmaster, did you compare both versions of AC1? If so, did you see any progress towards parity? It seems like a repeat of AC1's results.

I'll revise my previous statement having now analysed a ton more video: 360 performance is basically the same. PS3 has seen definite improvements (it couldn't really get much worse), but in any scene with a lot of NPCs wandering about, or in the battle-scenes, it is indeed similar to the first game. Piece should be up tomorrow I think - I don't like to rush the big ones and I've still got to test the 1080p stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant they manage zero screen tearing & FPS which never dips below 55 ?
I mean at its core its still a PS2 game hence the technology in the game is years old.
:???: Did I just watch the same video? The video I saw had 0 screen tearing and the framerate stayed at 60 for the most part, dipping to 55.5 at it's lowest point (for a single frame).

But actually playing through all of GoWI and now ~5-6 hours into GoWII in the collection, there are a few moments of slowdown, but they are rare and only last a second or two.

Oh snap..my bad.
I guess I just watched the 2nd video. :D
I thought the first one was the GOW3 demo hence didnt checked it out while the second vid was from collections.

Is it even possible to get an approximate framerate from a game trailer because of the compression artifacts?

The reason I ask is i just saw a trailer on TV of Rockstar's "Red Dead Redemption". The game did look good, but i noticed unsightly stuttering in the framerate.

Is it even possible to get an approximate framerate from a game trailer because of the compression artifacts?

The reason I ask is i just saw a trailer on TV of Rockstar's "Red Dead Redemption". The game did look good, but i noticed unsightly stuttering in the framerate.

It is OK somehow if high-resolution

Yes, ps360 is right. FPS analysis is perfectly possible on game trailers so long as they are of a high enough bitrate. A duplicate frame is no longer 0% different, but changing the threshold for constitutes a duplicate frame is relatively easy.

To be on the safe side, frames in the threshold area should be checked by eye to make sure they are in fact duplicates.

Obviously you are limited to a 30FPS sample though which in itself can cause inaccuracies with certain games, plus the ability to scan for torn frames programmatically isn't possible.

Hey, grandmaster, any chance we'll see any analysis on Rogue Warrior, just for laughs? The framerate seems terrible by all accounts. I don't think that one's coming out in Japan, either.

Back