The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

when i played the first Uncharted nothing gave up on showing or hinting any sort of media noise or really noticeable blocky effects.
You won't on well compressed, high-bitrate video. I'm guessing you've never watched a BRD and are basing your expectations on DVDs!

You won't on well compressed, high-bitrate video. I'm guessing you've never watched a BRD and are basing your expectations on DVDs!

i see what you mean, no ive got tons of movies on BD, i even got a blu-ray drive for my Pc too, it's true you won't see those little media blemishes.

It's just i was originally thinking the movies in Uncharted were all uncompressed, which i now know wasn't.

I was just trying to make a point that it is an unfinished game so anything else is speculation which leads to mis-information.

I understand, but what I’m talking about is regarding the sacrifices that GT5P and GT5 do keep that level of detail on the cars and still remain at 60fps, I have done a lot of test with GT5P and in most of the tracks it cannot keep 60fps when you force the cars to be together. I am seeing the same thing with GT5, so until I see a race where all of the cars start together what I’m saying remains true.

You can try the same thing just get a fast car and put the A.I to 1, that way you can control the other cars more easily because they are slower, then just start braking in front of the car that is in 2 place so the cars behind cannot pass, when all of the cars are close just use the back camera to see what happens to the framerate, I don’t know how much it goes down, but it’s clearly not 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some are, some aren't. You don't need fps check for that.

Ya it is pretty obvious. But only because I think the realtime parts look better than the pre recorded to video parts. The video compression they are using for the video, even if it is high quality, causes the scenes to lose a significant amount of detail that U2 has so much of. And it looks softer and blurrier than the realtime parts.

It's one of the only times I think the Realtime parts look better than the Video parts. I think they really only have the video parts to hide load times in places. Not because the engine couldn't handle them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandmaster, will you be doing a Borderlands analysis? It doesn't seem like the game even has a date in Japan, for ps360.

Yes, it's number three on my "list of things to do" so it should be done by early next week. I'd run a quickie analysis but I don't have the PS3 code yet (should be here tomorrow I think).

Has anyone noticed that the English version of the Final Fantasy XIII TGS trailer does not have 360 or PS3 buttons but generic ones (A,B,C, LA, etc). Why would Square Enix go to the trouble of replacing the buttons for the trailer, unless is not running on 360 or PS3 but PC. I noticed that PS360 did a framerate analysis for the Japanese FFXIII TGS trailer that has PS3 buttons; can you please do the same thing with American version? Because the part were they are running on the field with the thing that looks like a dinosaur seem to have a better framerate.

Japanese PS3 trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APatTjdHVg8

English trailer with weird buttons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJPeFNbhOs

PS360 analysis for the Japanese PS3 trailer
http://zoome.jp/ps360/diary/411/

They probably just want to postpone/avoid the backlash when people figure out one of the versions (probably 360 due to the heavy use of full resolution alpha effects) outperforms the other. I wouldn't rule out a PC port mind, seems like a no brainer really, easy money.

They probably just want to postpone/avoid the backlash when people figure out one of the versions (probably 360 due to the heavy use of full resolution alpha effects) outperforms the other. I wouldn't rule out a PC port mind, seems like a no brainer really, easy money.

That I doubt, since it probably was a PS3 exclusive in the beginning (i.e. the Bayonetta situation, but reversed).

I rather think it is to not "piss off" the 360 users, because PS3 buttons surely look horrible to them.

I was taking another look at the videos and it might just be that the framerate differences are because of different camera angles, It’s possible that both videos are running on PS3 but because the video was to be released on Xbox live and PSN Square Enix decided to use generic buttons.

Back