The Framerate Analysis Thread part 2

dead rising 2 is done by another company, not capcom themselves. Personally I dont find that huge of a difference in RE5, just PS3 version is using triple buffering + V sync and 360 version is not and has no v sync. Got this off their tech analysis through google translator....

dead rising 2 is done by another company, not capcom themselves. Personally I dont find that huge of a difference in RE5, just PS3 version is using triple buffering + V sync and 360 version is not and has no v sync. Got this off their tech analysis through google translator....

Blue Castle, I'm aware of that. I only have the PS3 version myself (because of online), but the frame rate difference and overall image quality goes to the 360 version. Even the water is incomplete in some areas and it's lacking particles with some other little bugs.

It's more than playable but after you spend some time with both, I'd give the nod to the 360 one. Particularly with the VS modes where the slowdown is far more profound on the PS3.

Blue Castle, I'm aware of that. I only have the PS3 version myself (because of online), but the frame rate difference and overall image quality goes to the 360 version. Even the water is incomplete in some areas and it's lacking particles with some other little bugs.

It's more than playable but after you spend some time with both, I'd give the nod to the 360 one. Particularly with the VS modes where the slowdown is far more profound on the PS3.

True. I have RE 5 for ps3 only for the free online service but I try the demo on 360, lacking a part, who I don't really care for a little less of the smoke, reflex or particle, the frame rate on the ps3 is a huge ass pain compared to 360 version. I mean why capcom has forced the vsync when QAA is unable in the most part of time? I appreciate vsync in the cutscenes but ingame I'm not see the importance to force ever... I hope lost planet 2 don't get this treatment :???:

I'm guessing your European; PS3 and 360 versions are out simultaneously in North America. I'd wait for the Digital Foundry comparison because IGN... well it's IGN.

Anyway, RE5 PS3 was patched today (38MB). I haven't played much of it to see a difference, but I did notice that you can now backup your save data.

I'm guessing your European; PS3 and 360 versions are out simultaneously in North America. I'd wait for the Digital Foundry comparison because IGN... well it's IGN.

Apparently, the 360 edition was not region locked, so there's a decent chance of seeing a comparison sooner rather than later in the year (DF is based in EU).

Anyway, RE5 PS3 was patched today (38MB). I haven't played much of it to see a difference, but I did notice that you can now backup your save data.

Well I not have a tool to say that for sure but the frame rate to my eyes appears a little bit smoother in RE 5 after the patch on the ps3. Nothing of incredible but I swear the hitches are less evidence and more tolerable (for example in the assembly ) .

Well I not have a tool to say that for sure but the frame rate to my eyes appears a little bit smoother in RE 5 after the patch on the ps3. Nothing of incredible but I swear the hitches are less evidence and more tolerable (for example in the assembly ) .

I hadn't played the game when I first posted, but yeah, I noticed it's a bit smoother. It's noticeable in particular at the very beginning in Kijiju en route to the butcher shop. There's far less judder but it's still not a rock solid 30fps.

I hadn't played the game when I first posted, but yeah, I noticed it's a bit smoother. It's noticeable in particular at the very beginning in Kijiju en route to the butcher shop. There's far less judder but it's still not a rock solid 30fps .
For sure how I have just said like you a little bit but no more and only in some parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back