Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Here is his qoute, seems a bit more explicit than you let on

There is a little wiggle room.

Hardlines does not look very stressful though.

Hardline is in beta, and the betas always look awful.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Hardline ends up being a less demanding, visually impressive game than BF4. Which is unfortunate.

DflPS7X.jpg

That's aboot it.

The really long edge on the right does kinda look subsampled.
Where did you find that?!

A long segment of his body. :yep2:
Forearm
Which frame? 3D pixel counting (x,y,t) is sooo time consuming!

Also, what affect do you think the 6 Mbps compression is having on the pixel counting? Could it account for the half-transparency edge in your opinion? I wouldn't have thought so, but it's something to bare in mind.

Which frame? 3D pixel counting (x,y,t) is sooo time consuming!

:p

It's about 55-60s in or so, just as the camera pans out and before he moves to grab the gun. Might have to time it right because there's depth of field too early and too late.

Also, what affect do you think the 6 Mbps compression is having on the pixel counting? Could it account for the half-transparency edge in your opinion? I wouldn't have thought so, but it's something to bare in mind.

I don't think the compression would result in that half-edge there. Also note the blending with the circular bit that's out of focus too.

I suppose frameblending from 60fps to 30fps might do funny things, but that's captured from the 60fps Gamersyde copy. Block compression doesn't seem to be the issue here either.

Lots of FPS games do tricks where they render the gun with a different projection than the rest of the geometry. I wonder if that's just a bug related to that.

The shadow in this case is extremely peculiar because it's physically impossible. how can the end of a gun cast a shadow on it's hilt? My guess - calculated the shadow correctly and misapplied it.

The shadow in this case is extremely peculiar because it's physically impossible. how can the end of a gun cast a shadow on it's hilt?
Heh, hardly "extremely peculiar" in a modern video game; a lot of the artifacts experienced by screen-space reflections make a slightly-offset shadow look like nothing.

My guess - calculated the shadow correctly and misapplied it.
That agrees with what MJP said. For instance, project a shadow according to your "real" game-world model, then apply it onto your first-person "floating gun" render.

Nah, he's panning around slowly to take in the environment. :) (It's from the Gamersyde environment video)

Lots of FPS games do tricks where they render the gun with a different projection than the rest of the geometry. I wonder if that's just a bug related to that.
yeah thats what I think it is as well, the gun distance sometimes has different near clip distance than the scene

These screenshots were taken from E3 gameplay of Fable Legends, by neogaf member
i1WS98agZBWUT.png

i6JgWzx8E1GnJ.png

Mod : removed unnecessary pictues

Any idea about the resolution and the AA used?

Mamais confirmed that the version of Witcher 3 shown during Microsoft's E3 press conference was indeed running on an Xbox One at 900p resolution and 30 frames per second.
"We will hit 900p no problem. We'd like to get it up to 1080p on Xbox One. That's our goal. Whether we can do it or not I don't know. We've got to squeeze everything we can out of the hardware.

"Mamais said CD Projekt had yet to take the new XDK out for a spin, but it will, as Witcher 3 does not use Kinect motion."

It's [PlayStation 4] just a slightly more powerful machine, That's pretty known. But I think in the longer run everything is going to be on both platforms running at 1080p. It's just taking developers longer to do it than they expected because the architecture is a little more challenging on the Xbox One.

But we anticipate being able to do 1080p on PS4 a little bit easier than on the Xbox.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says

Back