Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

That's the same image I said was upscaled. We covered that there's reasons not to inherently trust this image. It's a curiosity at the moment, but I wouldn't use it for pixel counting F5 just yet.

In the youtube video we see Marc and yusuf playing with F5 and we have a view offscreen, then they show actual footage of their play.

I wonder if for those parts they´re using internal XO dvr capture that is capped at 720

Anyway we´ll find out soon

It doesn't look to be a straight low-res upscaled image as the map is native, or at least not upscaled in the same fashion. However, the speedo is upscaled obviously on the top. The image is inconsistent.

I have done 2 1080p screenshots of the 12mn XOne demo. As Shifty just said the images are inconsistent. On this screenshot (similar scene to the aformentionned shot) the windshield is no more aliased (so 1080p native) BUT now the mountain is now aliased (it was not before). As it is full screen direct capture the problem should not come from the TV.
s5.postimg.org/upsgiz2ut/XOne_Forza5_demo_full.png

Now on this offscreen image we can discern some anormaled aliased edges on the bridge, proving that this problem is not from the Fullscreen game but then the TV is the culprit?
s5.postimg.org/v7s7ckhth/XOne_Forza5_demo_offscreen.png

That is really strange it lools like some interlaced signal, but where does it come from?

It could just be to do with how they've edited their demo video. There's a lot of zooming in and out/back and forth between different feeds.

The console also resizes games to snap applications in, and for the dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might they have used the XB1 built-in record feature? (if it records at 720P then that might explain things?)
Good theory, but then every aspect would be upscaled including the map.

Al says the entire video, not just the gameplay, is exhibiting the same scaling, which suggests and encoding issue, maybe, although I haven't seen the upscaling in the one video screen I saw.

Good theory, but then every aspect would be upscaled including the map.

Al says the entire video, not just the gameplay, is exhibiting the same scaling, which suggests and encoding issue, maybe, although I haven't seen the upscaling in the one video screen I saw.
We should know soon enough. The internet would implode if the image was upscaled in the game, but I don't think it is.

Skylanders is going to run at 1080p on next gen consoles.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/skylanders-swap-force-runs-in-1080p-on-ps4-xbox-one/1100-6416132/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back