Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

If you see the ferrari , just above the wheel , seems that one version is poly starved ...

It's labeled PS3. We used to see this difference early on when none could get much out of the CPU. I remember 2D crowds in some sports games.

That's why I said better draw distance in the ps3 screen

The trees are still visible and drawn in the 360 shot. That doesn't point to anything other than a crappy photo (time-of-day looks about the same). I suppose there can be the usual gamma issues between 360 and other platforms, but again it's silly to use crap photos in the first place.

The alpha foliage look better on the 360.

However, we will see in the DF face off
Anyways, this isn't the place for versus discussion.

The trees are still visible and drawn in the 360 shot. That doesn't point to anything other than a crappy photo (time-of-day looks about the same). I suppose there can be the usual gamma issues between 360 and other platforms, but again it's silly to use crap photos in the first place.

Anyways, this isn't the place for versus discussion.

I'm sorry! I linked the pics to talk about the visual qualities of the two versions! not for a versus discussion

The car is slightly closer to the camera in those shots that have more triangles. The difference in triangle count is likely just a LOD change.

What about it? That thread is almost 3 months old. Ready at Dawn have been talking about using a 2.40:1 aspect since E3.

1080p? there is also a mix of 720p shots.. can anyone confirm it?

image_deep_down-23241-2664_0009.jpg

Probably just interlaced capture. Chroma subsampling doesn't appear to be in effect.

All 9 shots are 1080p with post-AA.
It's good news that DR3 runs at native 1080p. More crucially I'd sacrifice 1080p for 60fps, but it's a good start for a launch game.

Well, keep in mind, they are still PR shots. :p Bizarre as it was to even have upscaled 720p shots to begin with, their PR department might be picking up on certain concerns from other forums and are simply omitting non-native shots.

Back