Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

mHWkTYI.jpg

Enlarged 400%
Not an expert on doing this, but my gut feeling that this is 4xAA?

When the AA works, it's good, but there's still a lot of artefacts that get through.

It's fairly promising for next-gen AA filters though. I'm optimistic that edge aliasing will be pretty much solved by the end of the next gen.

Attachments

• KZ_aa_fail.jpg
    KZ_aa_fail.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 69
PS3
29zd9i0.jpg

2jepxsk.jpg

29nt9w1.jpg

mmm.. seems that the ps3 version has a better draw distance
The 360 version, however, seems to have a better alpha foliage

both same resolution and anti-aliasing

I'm not sure I see the difference in draw distance.

:?:

On a side note, I'd rather we stick to direct framegrabs. Photographs aren't really appropriate for the thread (for the most part :p).

I'm not seeing a draw-distance difference. The cars, bridge, mountains, and even garbage cans are all still intact. The pictures are quite horrible too and also not at the same relative point as you see more of the white car in the X360 pics so main-character seems to be standing even further back.

Ah ok, you're right! sorry ;)

I'm not seeing a draw-distance difference. The cars, bridge, mountains, and even garbage cans are all still intact. The pictures are quite horrible too and also not at the same relative point as you see more of the white car in the X360 pics so main-character seems to be standing even further back.

Is a gamma difference you say?

And alpha foliage? I was right about that right?

The trees on the hill in the background seem to be more visible in the PS3 version.

The middle 360 pic seems it has more polys on the wheel arch but the image is blurrier. The last 360(?) pic shows the same number of polys as the PS3 one.

The trees on the hill in the background seem to be more visible in the PS3 version.

The middle 360 pic seems it has more polys on the wheel arch but the image is blurrier. The last 360(?) pic shows the same number of polys as the PS3 one.
That's why I said better draw distance in the ps3 screen
The last pic is the 360 version!
The alpha foliage look better on the 360

However, we will see in the DF face off

No, that can't be used because the viewer is not standing at the same distance. The PS3 shot the viewer is closer to the mountains, while the xb360 the viewer is standing further back. (At front drive edge of white car versus behind the passenger edge white car). That alone could be the barrier line to when things get covered by "fog" or not. The same objects are there on the hilltop/mountain, its just whiter, perhaps gamma differences.

We'll see in the DF coverage.

The camera is just turned to the left more in the 360 one. Reference with the white spot near the divider line on the road to the right and they're all standing in roughly the same spot.

Back