Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

hm... So it looks like they're using 2xMSAA (at least according to the A2C, although it looks broken on most geometry edges) + MLAA. I kinda wonder about temporal AA though. Some edges would get super jaggy when moving, then get cleaned up on stopping. I haven't really played around with the different filters though.

Quaz could probably give a more accurate assessment. :p

1080p seems to be 1440x1080 oddly enough...

So they upped the res in 1080p mode? They should have just targeted 720p. I mean other than the cockpit view, the framerate is fine, and they will probably fix it by release. But I would rather they put all their efforts into making it the best looking 720p game they could have.

should go with MLAA+ 2xMSAA, should be cheaper in memory and performance than GT5 in 720p no? And just use FXAA for 1080p mode if they up the res like 1440X1080p. Post AA does a better job in higher res irc.

So wait, it's 2xMSAA + MLAA for both 720p and 1080p? Looking back at the sticky, GT5 used 4xMSAA in 720p and QAA (+TAA as an option) for 1080p? Did I get everything right?

Fair enough. :p

----

In other news... The two screens that Blizzard have in their PR release for the PS360 Diablo III release are sub-HD (one with PS buttons and the other with 360 buttons).

I could only find one good near-vertical edge (flag pole) on the 360 shot, leading to 1120 width (7/8) and perhaps post-AA. Not sure if there's MSAA or not. The PS3 shot seems to show 2xAA more readily on the flag poles there, but the near-horizontal edge on the bridge seems to indicate something around 584-592 vertical.

*shrug* Need shots with more edges I think. ;)

The HUDs are proper 720p.

edit: Maybe there's funky stuff happening with post-effects? *shrug* Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back