Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

I think it's 720p with post-AA.

Looks like 720p 2xAA, but this shot looks like it might be temporal 2xAA. A number of edges in other shots look like they have a post-process AA as well. Perhaps it's something similar to SMAA T2x. *shrug*

Looks like 720p 2xAA, but this shot looks like it might be temporal 2xAA. A number of edges in other shots look like they have a post-process AA as well. Perhaps it's something similar to SMAA T2x. *shrug*

hmmmm, interesting, i guess that debunks the rumors of the game possibly running on the vita. the website doesn't confirm that it's running on either console but it does say it's for the ps360.

I look forward to seeing both metal gear titles running and looking like this for the consoles, it would be a great way to end this console generation.

oh on the side note
------------

for those who think this title is ground zeros renamed...it isn't, metal gear solid ground zeroes is still in development with specific info. http://www.examiner.com/article/new...roes-info-suggests-game-will-last-over-4-days
and also it's website remains untouched, http://www.konami.jp/mg25th/fox/index.html

I think it's 720p with post-AA.

Oh god lol, don't tell me that. It cant be that dreaded annoying taa. Now why don't they use fxaa?

Oh god lol, don't tell me that. It cant be that dreaded annoying taa. Now why don't they use fxaa?
The idea of being able to get 2x supersampling at no additional render cost is conceptually extremely pleasing.

Ideally, TAA can shut off blending for moving objects, at which point it's 2xSSAA in still and no AA in motion, which in some ways is preferable to FXAA. Supersampling is always cool, and FXAA can make some edges stick out horribly in motion due to the lack of subpixel testing (the towers on Ragnarok in Halo 4 seems to be a good example). And in implimentations I've seen, most of the time the TAA blending-checking system works.

It's very unfortunate that it's so ugly when the system fails.

The idea of being able to get 2x supersampling at no additional render cost is conceptually extremely pleasing.

Ideally, TAA can shut off blending for moving objects, at which point it's 2xSSAA in still and no AA in motion, which in some ways is preferable to FXAA. Supersampling is always cool, and FXAA can make some edges stick out horribly in motion due to the lack of subpixel testing (the towers on Ragnarok in Halo 4 seems to be a good example). And in implimentations I've seen, most of the time the TAA blending-checking system works.

It's very unfortunate that it's so ugly when the system fails.

Why not use TAA+FXAA in motion indeed the horrible ghost? I find more interesting to experiment, I don't find FXAA that horrible in motion, it surely better than no AA.

There is what looks like a post-AA. Read my post again.

This is really a smart idea imho I though TAA+FXAA could be an interesting & useful combination. FXAA not works with the long lines but in motion it's very hard to notice, TAA helps to decrease this artifact imho.

Metal Gear Rising

metalrisingdiprk.jpg

------------

native 720p?

Back