Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Are you sure the second one is not from a pre-rendered trailer or something? :rolleyes:
The Last of Us shows some minor aliasing, but it appears to be 1280*720. Maybe a really mild form of MLAA? I can't tell..
TLOU is an eyesore outdoors. The entire game should take place inside. :eek:

And what also helps is that the GoW camera is tightly controlled.
They also do MLAA before DoF and some other post effects, so even slightly blurry areas get properly anti aliased.
This is one of the reasons why everything looks so good.

They also do MLAA before DoF and some other post effects, so even slightly blurry areas get properly anti aliased.
This is one of the reasons why everything looks so good.

Ah, that's smart, I didn't know that.

Apparently whatever is used in AC:R is just as clean as MLAA. ;)

Besides, I don't even know why he thought that was pre-rendered, it's obviously real time and looks the part too. :p

It's probably the simple reason that it looks so clean compared to 99% of console games out there, it does look like the equivalent of 16xaa in many places. But yeah, nice lighting and smooth Kratos model also help too.

It's probably the simple reason that it looks so clean compared to 99% of console games out there, it does look like the equivalent of 16xaa in many places. But yeah, nice lighting and smooth Kratos model also help too.

Whatever you say, I still think it looks nothing like pre-rendered and it's silly to justify why anyone would think that.

???

The reflections show more vegetation than what is really rendered
, could this be an alternate reality of the world depicting of what it once was?

Sorry what do you mean? By the way I have noticed some pixelated artifact in the reflection, in the low right corner through the foliage & wall/building in the background?! Hardly high buffer leaves those artifacts but I could wrong. Those remind me to max payne 3 trick used on the ps3 version, low buffer+FXAA to cover the aliasing. It's a smart tech, but unfortunately doesn't works with the light contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you say, I still think it looks nothing like pre-rendered and it's silly to justify why anyone would think that.

Pre-rendered not means CG, probably is that what he tried to say, I don't see nothing of so stupid to justify something like this :???:.

Pre-rendered not means CG, probably is that what he tried to say, I don't see nothing of so stupid to justify something like this :???:.

I googled it with this forum, and I guess I am not the only one:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=51219&page=30

"What does that have to do with the fact that the picture everybody was drolling over was a supersampled bullshot?"
Cheezdoodles and some mod if I am reading it correct.

I knew GOW3 had excellent AA, but the lighting in the GOW'4' show made me doubt if the picture was taken realtime, or rendered offline with better lighting or something like that.

I googled it with this forum, and I guess I am not the only one:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=51219&page=30

"What does that have to do with the fact that the picture everybody was drolling over was a supersampled bullshot?"
Cheezdoodles and some mod if I am reading it correct.

I knew GOW3 had excellent AA, but the lighting in the GOW'4' show made me doubt if the picture was taken realtime, or rendered offline with better lighting or something like that.
I think it's real time without doubt, it's a capture of a gameplay session showed at the E3.

Sorry what do you mean? By the way I have noticed some pixelated artifact in the reflection, in the low right corner through the foliage & wall/building in the background?! Hardly high buffer leaves those artifacts but I could wrong. Those remind me to max payne 3 trick used on the ps3 version, low buffer+FXAA to cover the aliasing. It's a smart tech, but unfortunately doesn't works with the light contrast.

oh It's definitely low resolution, and the vegetation looks a wee bit thicker because of the pixelation mess. the reflections show bushes......of sorts, when there are just trees. chillax it's my sense of humor.:smile2:

Anyways, I just got some gameplay of supposedly the 360 version of Metal Gear rising
http://gamersyde.com/news_metal_gear_rising_slices_off-13093_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly right? You're in disagreement with others so it has to be silly for others to think differently.

It has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the fact that anyone who posts here should realize or see the difference between pre-rendered images and real time. Not to mention all it is, is the typical PS3-boasting that certain members here love to do. ;)

You can go on and keep doing it, but that doesn't mean I can't find it silly.

With Halo 4 using FXAA, is it going to get in the way and blur the artwork a bit? Or have the newer versions resolved the issues of blurring texture quality?

wow, that MGR vid looks like its running in PSP res and interlaced.
I guess will use the same 'trick' of Rage with dynamic buffer to maintain 60 fps. I don't know how useful could be to judge the game IQ from those capture. Like Rage on the ps3 where from the capture it seems pretty bad, I can confirm in motion it's almost impossible notice something like that from my personal experience; capture screen is pitiless when it's used that 'tech' imho.

Back