Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Nice! :)

However, I noticed large amounts of screen tearing or... was it just me? Was screen tearing an issue with SC: Conviction? (I don't know if this game is using the same engine)

I also noticed a lower resolution buffer for certain particle effects, such as smoke (when Sam blows up the door, you can see larger pixels in the doorframe).

EDIT: by the way, I'm talking about the footage I just saw at Microsoft's E3 press conference.

Yeah, I remember being surprised by how bad the tearing was in that stage demo.

Pikmin3, Lego city, New SMBU, WiiFitU, Game&Wario, Nintendo land, Avengers, Tank Tank!, Project P-100
all are 720p no AA

Thanks for that. :)

Guess I need to make a new addition to the list thread when the games do come... *grumble* :p

so tekken is pretty much a quick port? Unless they are able to maintain the resolution with all 4 characters on screen.

For Tekken Tag 2, they resolution scales based on the amount of characters on screen. This is true for the arcade version and it's most likely they'll stick to this method for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii-U ports.

it don't seem, there is no MSAA but DoF is omnipresent (very lot of DoF everywhere in Pikmin) and hide 99% of aliasing despite lack of AA
It might not be standard sparse/rotated MSAA (as it exhibits some peculiar traits), and it surely is of low degree (perhaps 2x), but there's definitely some form of edge low-passing going on there. Check the one shot with the new type of crystal pikmins, as it's quite obvious there.

It might not be standard sparse/rotated MSAA (as it exhibits some peculiar traits), and it surely is of low degree (perhaps 2x), but there's definitely some form of edge low-passing going on there. Check the one shot with the new type of crystal pikmins, as it's quite obvious there.
Where are these shots?

Back