Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Would like to see a Dungeon Hunter screenshot. No reason for that to be sub-native given it runs on other handhelds and PS3's version was 720p, so I'm guessing we're looking at a simple (very simple!) port which may be common of a lot of early titles; at least those on UE, which DH is AFAIK.

is VT4 port done by Digital Sumo? They normally do amazing ports beside the F1 vita games.

@Fafalada

Can you confirmed that most sub native res games without AA like Uncharted looks a lot better on the Vita screen and not a jaggy mess like screen shots?

None of the games look like jaggy mess on actual hw.
If there's one thing I'd pick out with Uncharted about IQ - it would be like most PS3/360 games - shadow-aliasing, and that wouldn't improve even if you ran it at 1080P.

But the native games do stand out (especially the likes of VT) so I think over time sub-native will become a harder sell than it is on current consoles.

Btw Shifty - Dungeon Hunter blocks the screenshot function, so no luck there.

Demo comparison of final fantasy xiii-2
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-final-fantasy-xiii-2-demo-screenshot-comparison/2/

I went over the first game and the particular character "sarah" just about ever time you see her, she isn't rendered in realtime. the only time you see her when she is, she's already turned to crystal.

I can say that there are about seven characters in the first game that don't have reatime renders.The scenes that show-

Serah, Dajh, Jihl Nabaat, Galenth Dysley, Yaag Rosch, Nora Estheim, and Amodar, All of these characters don't have realtime versions for the cut-scenes.

Got a chance to try out the demo, It's a step up from the first.
the maps are bigger, and the cinemas are realtime.

The hair looks a little diff probably because of the fact that it's not 1080p media anymore. most things tend to look crisper on the eyes when it's rendered compared to media.

Last edited by a moderator:
surprised the A2C hair doesn't look bad at all when the game is running. They added sun shaft/ god ray. Rest seems almost the same to move. Music is god aweful IMO.

Yep it was there.
There was a particular scene during the sunset which demonstrated it quite intensively.

Well that explains the strong cell shaded art direction this time. It looks soft though, makes me think some kind of FXAA is in work.

Back