Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

The usual COD lower resolution on PS3?

I dont know if I trust that site's captures, though. I think they were messed up for BF3.

The usual COD lower resolution on PS3?

I dont know if I trust that site's captures, though. I think they were messed up for BF3.

What usual lower resolution? IIRC Blops was the first CoD game on the PS3 to run at a lower resolution than the 360 version.

Looks more like 1024*600 which is the usual CoD res with QAA on the PS3.

The ps3 version does look like it's a lower resolution. It's clear by the fewer steps in the straight edges seen in the pics. Wonder if they ran into the same bottleneck with MW3 as Treyarch did with Blops. There does look to be a lot of transparency effects used, so maybe that's it?

Same engine, same kind of game and content, it'd be a suprise if they don't have the same bottlenecks.

mw3 on ps3 use MLAA from what I see in the pics... don't know whether depends of that or less the 'muddy' IQ honestly, but I almost sure about post AA filter over the past MSAA . Maybe Respawn (is that the new name of IW or I'm wrong?) with post AA thought transparancies were less notable & more important, they have to save precious bandwith in the ps3 for the fps..

It's that time again...

Is this pic legit guys? The left side has me curious...

Q2QwR.jpg

Back