Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

I was hard to not notice the tearing on the youtube video.
Shame skyrim also has the same problem atleast in the ancient nord dungeon.

Hope both game will minimize tearing or eliminate them will still enjoy both of them.

i always wondered why msaa misses aliasing when very bright lights saturate a surface is it because AA is resolved before? because mlaa would have smoothed those things out and also would affected the foilage.

Yeah MSAA will lose its effectiveness when the resolve is done prior to tone mapping. So it creates the unfortunate situation where it works poorly in the highest contrast areas, which is exactly where you need AA the most. :cry:

PowerVR magic. ;) (for the most part, there is still a penalty) The only game that didn't seem to have 4xAA was Uncharted. I can't remember if I posted the resolutions/AA for the games I played at the show.

New Super Mario Bros Mii on WiiU >> 720p no AA
it's the third WiiU game with 720p no AA (Zelda and Chase me, maybe four with the ubisoft FPS)

2011sw015scrn05e3.jpg

2011sw014scrn04e3.jpg

2011sw013scrn03e3.jpg

2011sw012scrn02e3.jpg

2011sw011scrn01e3.jpg

Oh. I'm pretty sure that they didn't have MSAA at the time, relying on super sampling instead, though SimonF could probably tell us more about that. :p

It's clearly 4xAA in the second shot with the buildings. In your second shot I find it odd (in conjunction with interference's first shot) that the foliage is so aliased.

That's pretty impressive given the huge leap in graphics quality above Oblivion which only ran at 600p 2xMSAA.

I wonder how they get around the tiling overhead since you'd think the amount of geometry in open world games would prove problematic.

I don't think the PS3 will be seeing the same MSAA levels, going by Fallout 3 - but perhaps they'll implement MLAA.

Well, FallOut 3 is the same on 360 (4xAA/720p). The main issues they had was the streaming & texture sizes (due to sticking to one DVD). Perhaps the extra GB will alleviate one or the other.

Well, FallOut 3 is the same on 360 (4xAA/720p). The main issues they had was the streaming & texture sizes (due to sticking to one DVD). Perhaps the extra GB will alleviate one or the other.

Yes, but Fallout 3 is closer to Oblivion than Skyrim in terms of shading and general graphical quality.

I thought it would be a fillrate issue rather than a streaming issue

New Vegas was only 4.8GB so they had plenty of space on the 360 but even then there were some lower quality textures on the 360 version. But this was obsidian.

Well, we don't know that they didn't fill the rest of the disc with redundant sectors to aid in loading.

That's pretty impressive given the huge leap in graphics quality above Oblivion which only ran at 600p 2xMSAA.

I wonder how they get around the tiling overhead since you'd think the amount of geometry in open world games would prove problematic.

I don't think the PS3 will be seeing the same MSAA levels, going by Fallout 3 - but perhaps they'll implement MLAA.
It was 720p no AA on PS3. I hope they don't go with MSAA on the PS3 version. I would rather have MLAA.

FF13-2 looks a little too similar between to platform, even down to the color and contrast, Think they might be using PS3 shots replace with 360 buttons. Didnt they do that with FF13 before the game was close to launch?

Back