Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

NG3 PS360 - aside from black crush on PS3, they looked identical. No apparent AA. Not consistent 60fps.
Deus Ex 360 - looked like 720p 2xAA (borked by post processing or lighting)
Forza 4 - still 2xAA in-game
Space Marine 360 - possibly slightly under 720p. Hard to tell if it was the post-processing blurring things. no AA. Dual wielding booth babes.
NFS Run PS3 - quite a bit of frame rate issues to me. Aliasing was pretty apparent.
Ace Combat Assault Horizon: PS3 seemed to be native 720p no AA. 360 version looked lower res but with 2xAA.

no AA on NG3? well that's a step back in the IQ.

Not if it helps the framerate. The demonstration had a lot of transparencies (albeit low res). Ryu's detail looks quite a leap even from Sigma 2, though I can't say I was impressed with the environment texturing. It just looks inconsistent at the moment.

You may also recall that Sigma 2 had a rather inconsistent 2xAA as well, at least according to Mazinger I think.

Not if it helps the framerate. The demonstration had a lot of transparencies (albeit low res). Ryu's detail looks quite a leap even from Sigma 2, though I can't say I was impressed with the environment texturing. It just looks inconsistent at the moment.

You may also recall that Sigma 2 had a rather inconsistent 2xAA as well, at least according to Mazinger I think.

Sigma 2 had dynamic AA; 2xAA & no AA depending of the cost.

Has Infamous 2 been done yet?I know earlier screen and the demo was jaggie but these here look much better to me.

Not sure if from final game
infamous220110602231029.jpg

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/669/infamous220110602230950.jpg

Can anyone discern the res from those two PS3 screenshots of BF3? AI? Or can repi share some knowledge on the native resolution of the framebuffer for consoles? pretty please?

Can anyone discern the res from those two PS3 screenshots of BF3? AI? Or can repi share some knowledge on the native resolution of the framebuffer for consoles? pretty please?

From what I knew (& I see) MLAA for sure & 720p native too; but I could wrong with the res.

Currently we render 1280x704 on PS3 with MLAA, no scaling. Those shots were 1280x720 though.

Those two clips are from the PS3 version, and yes it runs at 30 fps, though very close to the limit :)

Amazing what you guys can do with these machines, no-one in their wildest dreams could have expected to see results like this back in 2005-2006.

Amazing what you guys can do with these machines, no-one in their wildest dreams could have expected to see results like this back in 2005-2006.
The guys making the Killzone concept movie could. :p

Seriously though, this thread is for the analysis. Keep the compliments and such in the game/the threads, thanks.

Had a few minutes hands on with Uncharted 3 MP. It seems to have some sort of edge filter, though it doesn't work on all edges. It's actually quite broken in a lot of places, and the shimmer/sub-pixel crawling is rather evident.

Had a few minutes hands on with Uncharted 3 MP. It seems to have some sort of edge filter, though it doesn't work on all edges. It's actually quite broken in a lot of places, and the shimmer/sub-pixel crawling is rather evident.

MLAA ! (work in progress ?)

Back