Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

I took a wild guess (remembering the DF interview) & thought of that but the idea seemed too absurd at start, guess it isn't...heh !

Looks the same. The power lines (or any thin objects) are particularly interesting (both platforms). ;)

Any ideas on the native res of Majin and the Forsaken kingdom. Played it on PS3 and all i know is that it was upscaled to 1080p.

Just about to test the 360 version.

I'd say 720p no AA. There's a Majin screen-shot comparison up on Lensoftruth, by the way. 360 version seems a bit darker (like usual), otherwise both look pretty much identical.

NFS:HP demo also has a daytime sequence which is unlocked after a friend has played the demo too. I must say, t e daytime racing looks.. kind of bad.. It seems to me like the game uses no AA at all.

In my opinion burnout paradise looks better than the HP demo and paradise was 60 fps.

is it just me or does Majin has some kind of weird interlacing problem on the screen, especially on the hud? The game default to output at 1080p I think, some of the texture looks super pixelated.

Gitaroo said:
is it just me or does Majin has some kind of weird interlacing problem on the screen, especially on the hud? The game default to output at 1080p I think, some of the texture looks super pixelated.

I think they are using low quality filtering, lots of texture shimmer in the distance. And interlacing would be a problem with your TV or video output.

Yeah, I believe it's 4xAA on 360. Still checking the rest. Weird... looks like frame blending in shot 3 on PS3.

PS3 seems to be upscaled, X360 might be using some level of AA...
Honestly seems almost the opposite to me...about resolution... At least, judging the weird level of blurrish on the 360 screens and the 'washing' surface of the texture in long distance compared to the ps3. In the first screen, appear not DOF & bizzarly even worse grass on 360... By the way, seems even it has used the limited setting on the ps3 cable. Too much 'fog' in the contrast and colours washing for a full RGB setting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly seems almost the opposite to me...about resolution... At least, judging the weird level of blurrish on the 360 screens and the 'washing' surface of the texture in long distance compared to the ps3. In the first screen, appear not DOF & bizzarly even worse grass on 360... By the way, seems even it has used the limited setting on the ps3 cable. Too much 'fog' in the contrast and colours washing for a full RGB setting...

All of their comparison shots are sharper on 360....

All of their comparison shots are sharper on 360....
Sharper? :???: I haven't notice a single shot sharper even on the 360 version, especially here:
http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/11/Two_Worlds_2_Vergleich_2.jpg
But here too, the quality of the picture definition, the texture, appears in the long distance, I can't explain...artificial in the colours, and less defined:
http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/11/Two_Worlds_2_Vergleich_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back