Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

I don't know...edges seem far too smooth to be no AA. Interviews say the game runs on MT Framework "2.0" with RE5 running on "1.5". It seems unlikely that they would drop QAA with an upgrade of the engine.

Though even in the big Slug boss fight thing, I didn't see much jaggies and the framerate wasn't super smooth. Have they dropped the dynamic AA?

I dont notice any shift in sharpness like RE5 when the QAA kicks in with the LP2 demo; unless they adopted MSAA instead. For the 1st part of the demo, Im almost 100% sure that there isnt any anti aliasing. However, part 2 and 3 doesnt seems to be as rough as the first part. Environments looks smooth was probably due to the post processing and the glow effects that cover them up, but when you look at the character model, you can easily tell its very jaggy at any time. I just hope they are atleast have 2XMSAA lock and fix the dithering grass/transparencies effects in the final version. The demo is running very smooth already.

What jaggies? You mean the specular aliasing? Just means that the higher sampling rate wasn't good enough.

Lost planet seemed to be no AA throughtout all three levels to me, lots & lots of Alpha to coverage shimmerings and the tearing isnt much noticeble in this game actually [though PS360's analysis show large amount of torn frames]. Framerate is unimpressive but the 25FPS of this game kinda feels like 30 of others ence I am fairly certain the most people will think the game is rocksteady 30FPS.

Aside from these I have Just one big gripe...No physics interactivity for foliage, it hurts to have no physics since there are knee length foliage all over in the game. [but when you jump & land the foliage seem to do a shaking animation lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
no... *shakes head* the funny thing is that if you had said the complete opposite thing you would have been right

the game is locked at 30fps but the ps3 version hovers between 20-30. with over 40% of the frames torn. so no v-sync whatsoever.

http://zoome.jp/ps360/diary/403/

He's referring to the original Lost Planet, not LP2.

Performance of the sequel on both platforms in the demos is pretty comparable, which bodes well for the final product.

1024×576

so it's been confirmed then huh?

wow, now we gotta see what the 360 version's like. (maybe IGN has it in there)

no... *shakes head* the funny thing is that if you had said the complete opposite thing you would have been right

the game is locked at 30fps but the ps3 version hovers between 20-30. with over 40% of the frames torn. so no v-sync whatsoever.

http://zoome.jp/ps360/diary/403/

any know what Rez and AA is for lost planet2 for both ps360?

Back