Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Those shots seem to have the crisp/flat ATI feel to them, if I had to guess I'd say they are 360 shots. It seems odd that they are specifically divided into a 360 and a PS3 gallery though.

Wow. The GH series are sub-HD on the PS3?

There isn't even much going on in those games...

It's likely they adjusted the resolution to get the port up to scratch as cheaply as they could for GH3, and never looked at it again. It's probably the game with the smallest dependence on graphics out there - while playing you just stare at the notes sliding down the screen, everything else is peripheral.

This is also an argument why the above shots could be 360 ones - they haven't needed to change the PS3 resolution through the GH releases so far, it doesn't make sense why they would bother now.

So there were some at 1280 x 720, some at 1365 x 768, some at 1920 x 1080 and now some at 960 x 720.

Maybe they are using variable rendering resolution?

Or they don't know what resolution to choose?

Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there were some at 1280 x 720, some at 1365 x 768, some at 1920 x 1080 and now some at 960 x 720.

Maybe they are using variable rendering resolution?

Or they don't know what resolution to choose?

Stange.

Maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to drop the reso when the arcade version already does 1280 x 720P (I think?) on the same levels with the same graphics. Its very strange indeed. :!:

Maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to drop the reso when the arcade version already does 1280 x 720P (I think?) on the same levels with the same graphics.

I guess that would only make sense if they increased the overall graphics. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense, because as far as i know, the arcade version uses PS3 as hardware, so the performance should be the same as long as they don't change the overall graphics.

Its very strange indeed. :!:

Yes. Oh and i meant 'Strange', not 'Stange' :eek::D (edited).

PS: maybe the different rendering resolutions are coming from two different platforms (PS3/Xbox 360)? Who knows.

Maybe, but it doesn't make much sense to drop the reso when the arcade version already does 1280 x 720P (I think?) on the same levels with the same graphics. Its very strange indeed. :!:

The original Tekken 6 was 720p with no AA, but I don't think BR was determined. The console versions may very well end up with yet another rendering resolution when they're shipped.

I'd say 4xMSAA was applied here or at least 2xAA, the quality looks inline with the rest of the shots taken by the guy on the 2nd link. Hope it's not sub HD, that's the only concern atm.

I'm playing FF13 demo now.

Actually I thought it was 1080p with 0xAA. But now I am not sure. It does look pretty sharp though. And ya there is a dithering effect on the transparency like the hair. It's not too bad when playing at 1080p though.

Back