Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

I think Panzer is also a sub SD game, it got big black boarders around the entire screen. They might have push the system very hard at the time for a 60 fps game. Mechassualt 2 makes me sad, MS never update their BC so the game is stuck in 4:3 even thought the gameplay is true 16:9. It was such a beautiful game.

QForce looked pretty bad to me graphically when I saw it at GamesCom, on the PS3 even. 3D mode was downright horrible. It actually matters a bit less on Vita.

sony shrinking down the budget they give to insomniac or insomniac shrinking down the team size that work on the ratchet games or something, each one is getting worse. Consider crack in time is one of the best game on the system IMO, what the heck is happening.

edit: yeah certainly look like bullshots. that one said 1280x720 in google images though which is odd.

A little bit too aliased for a bullshot in my opinion:

quantum-break-reveal2awaoh.jpg

MSAA is probably not long for this world. In the age of deferred renderers and rapidly improving post process solutions, it's usage has probably peaked.

sony shrinking down the budget they give to insomniac or insomniac shrinking down the team size that work on the ratchet games or something, each one is getting worse. Consider crack in time is one of the best game on the system IMO, what the heck is happening.

They developed their newer Ratchet games in their other studio in North Carolina (IIRC). They thought pretty post-processing effects were more important than response time and perpetual resolution.

Back